X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help for points calculation for canada

Hi Friends,

Well I need help...
    regarding Immigration to Canda Points...
    I am really confused....
    I am writing my brief details here kindly reply:

Education
    10th (Regular) 1990
    +2 (Regular)1992
    B.Com ( Correspondence from Punjab Univ.)-1992-1995
    M.Com (Correspondence from HP Univ.)-1992-1997

Professional edu.

Certified Public Accountant (CPA) USA
    Certified Management Accountant (CMA) USA
    Certified Financial Management(CFM) USA

although here I am verymuch in bracket of max.25 points,
    but my B.Com & M.com r not regular they r correspondence...

Is there anyone who can guide me how much points I`ll
    fetch here.

look fwd to right reply kindly help.

Thanks.
    Amit

CMACPA! If indeed you do have what is recognized as a master's degree, then it appears that you are entitled to the full 25 points. Please make note that if you engage in any distance type learning, said learning is recognized in terms of time that it would have taken to do a full time study in the program in question. Hence if I took 3 years to do a program that should have taken one year of full time study, I may credit myself with one year of study.
    This is all explained FULLY in the section directed toward the self assessment.

I bet you qualify and will be in Canada soon enough!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note quote!
    If you have studied less than the number of years listed with your highest degree or diploma, you must award yourself the points that match your years of study.

Example 1: if you have a master’s degree but have completed only 15 years of full-time study, award yourself 22 points.
    Example 2: if you have a three- or four-year bachelor’s degree, and at least 14 years of education, award yourself 20 points.

Comment

urgent

Pls let me know I have done bachelor master degree from correspondense and 10th and 12th regular.How many points I will get.Pls do reply I am so confused.
      Regards

Comment

Education points in canadian Immi.

Hi ANtonyall thankx for ur advice buddy...
        I was really confused yest bith my graduate & Post Graduate degrees took same amount of time as it would have taken to finish on regular basis i.e 3 & 2 years respectively both degrees are done from Nationally recognized institutes.lets see wut happens because I checked with few immigration consultants they said u dont qualify inspite of masters degree & professional education from US.thanx for your advice.
        CMACPA.
        Originally posted by antonyall
        CMACPA! If indeed you do have what is recognized as a master's degree, then it appears that you are entitled to the full 25 points. Please make note that if you engage in any distance type learning, said learning is recognized in terms of time that it would have taken to do a full time study in the program in question. Hence if I took 3 years to do a program that should have taken one year of full time study, I may credit myself with one year of study.
        This is all explained FULLY in the section directed toward the self assessment.

I bet you qualify and will be in Canada soon enough!
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Please note quote!
        If you have studied less than the number of years listed with your highest degree or diploma, you must award yourself the points that match your years of study.

Example 1: if you have a master’s degree but have completed only 15 years of full-time study, award yourself 22 points.
        Example 2: if you have a three- or four-year bachelor’s degree, and at least 14 years of education, award yourself 20 points.

Comment

Study time

CMACPA! I believe that you are being very hard on yourself as to your present qualifications but you do seem to have an excess of time in terms of your studies. It also appears to me that although it may be a benefit to have a Masters degree, the fact is that if one has a good amount of time as a student, of course within reputable institutions, then the entire time there works in favor and the issue of having a degree becomes questionable. Even short courses that are undertaken may be used as time buliders and this fact is clear in the CIC website. Case in point: Pilots here where i live have had to undergo training on their own at various schools in various countries and to some extent the courses undertaken have had to be done on one's own tutoring. Still as long as a person has a commercial pilot's license here, one is given credit for 18 months of training.
          Anyway you appear to have way more than is needed so as I have said before, good luck in your new life in Canada!

Comment

Canadian immi

Hello
            Thanx all for reading my message.

Well Buddy I have few questions in my mind reagarding canadian immigration
            asking you specifically as u r well equipped with requied precise knowneledge.

I have a very complex Canadian Visa history.

I got immigration visa for canada 8 years ago under the family sponsorship
            by help of my brother who is canadian citizen but due to sudden illness of my sister who suffered from blood cancer I returned visa to canadian embassy at new delhi to take care of her here in India she expired after one year.
            In 2001 I got visitor visa for USA and after tht applied for Canadian visitor visa but they refused me by giving excuse as I had intension to settle in canada earlier.I visited US a couple of times after it again applied for canadian visitor visa n got it finally and had travelled to canada a a couple of times.

Now I am planning to apply for canadian immigration under skilled catagory
            I have following querries.

1.Can I travel to canada while my immigration visa is in process or Immigration officer at port if entry can deny me entry due to immigration visa is in process.My canadian Visitor visa is about to expire, I had been to canada abt 6 times on very short trips can i apply for canadian visitor visa while my immigration is in process.

2. Can I apply for my Immigration visa from Buffalo ( USA) canadian consulate
            as I am holding Business ( B1/B2) 10 yr multiple entry visa and can travel to US anytime ie to file my case or for any other valid cause.

3.Most Importantly.Will my previous immigrant visa status will help me to speed up the process.

4. someone told me from 1st july `07 CHC has reduced the time processing time it`ll not take more than 24-30 months to process the case is this true?where as normally it takes 60 months from india.

Kindly advice.

Thanks & Regards

I believe that you are being very hard on yourself as to your present qualifications but you do seem to have an excess of time in terms of your studies. It also appears to me that although it may be a benefit to have a Masters degree, the fact is that if one has a good amount of time as a student, of course within reputable institutions, then the entire time there works in favor and the issue of having a degree becomes questionable. Even short courses that are undertaken may be used as time buliders and this fact is clear in the CIC website. Case in point: Pilots here where i live have had to undergo training on their own at various schools in various countries and to some extent the courses undertaken have had to be done on one's own tutoring. Still as long as a person has a commercial pilot's license here, one is given credit for 18 months of training.
            Anyway you appear to have way more than is needed so as I have said before, good luck in your new life in Canada![/QUOTE]

Comment

confused about education points

Dear Antonyall,
              I saw different threads .you has given answers of all threads in such professional way. I am grateful for your kind advice.
              I have also couple of questions. Which I would like to ask you with respect.
              I did my BA regular. I appeared as regular student in MA (Economics) 1st year but didn’t succeed in exam so I took admission again in MA 1st year as casual student in same college passed MA 1st year and took admission in MA 2nd year in same college as casual student mean while in an accident broken my keen due to that failed in 2nd year again. Next year I cleared B.Ed entrance test and did my B.Ed regular. After B.Ed I appeared for MA 2nd year as private candidate and passed my MA. Will you please tell me how many points for my education I can get?
              One more thing my academic qualification is MA (economics) and B.Ed, but I am working for Police. Does it matter if I don’t have education in relevant field? I shall be obliged for you reply.
              Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X