query: what does T/H stand for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• query: what does T/H stand for?

I'm a frequent visitor to the US, but am constantly sent to secondary inspection (always admitted thereafter). On the orange tag that I have to hand in, it states "T/H'.

what does this stand for?

What status do you enter in? May be you should have asked what it stands for during one of your visits.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

RE:query: what does T/H stand for?

I've tried asking on numerous occassions. They won't give it up.

I've tried on the web too, but the search is too abstract.

I enter as a UK citizen, landed in Canada since '67.

I use I-94's.

I've been 'declined' entry in the past, but enter (relatively) easily now. But this secondary thing is a nuisance. 100% of entries, straight to secondary - with the mysterious T/H on the form.

Comment

So, you are not using visa waiver program to enter I guess as you have been denied entry in the past.

Can't think of anything for the T/H.

I was guessing it stands for TN/Hx visa entries who need I-94 to enter.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

RE: query: what does T/H stand for?

I tried using the Waiver thing, but it was too 'awkward' - a 5 month application process, renewed every 6 months, plus $175 a shot, at that time
          I was advised to get a B1/B2 Visa (good for 10 yrs).
          But that just seems to raise more questions in secondary.

Comment

I am guessing that the secondary inspection is due to the fact that you were denied entry from a country that qualifies for visa waiver program (no visa needed to enter) and you have obtained a B1/B2 visa. This is usully the case for anyone that has been denied entry in the past (for any reason) or involved in any arrests or convictions that have to appear and get a visa even if they belong to a country that participates in VWP.
            Hence the extra scrutiny.
            What was the reason for denied entry in the past?

Comment

kinda complex
              conviction - in 92 which went completely unnoticed 'til 99 when I was stopped for incorrect work papers. In the same period (early '00's) I married as US citizen.

Comment

You just have to live with the secondary inspection forever.

Comment

... and never find out what T/H stands for, apparently

sounds thematically like Guantanemo, on a microscopic scale

Comment

One way out is if you can become a USC.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X