Shoplifting in Germany - Asian tourist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting in Germany - Asian tourist

I was caught shoplifting in a departmental store. The security guards took me into a room and searched my bag. There were only 2 lipsticks in my bag and I was also holding a basket with things such as perfumes, oil and etc. One of the perfume was out from its plastic wrapper but totally in perfect condition. They reported that I stole 2 lipsticks and a perfume. As I was just thinking, I should have deny that the perfume was stolen as it is not found from my bag. So anyways, they got me to sign this form which will ban me from entering their store for a year. They also asked me to pay 50euro which I didn't cause I do not know what it is for and just waited for the police. I did not pay anything till the end though.

I was arrested and the polices first stop was at some station. I stayed in the car for quite long and they came out with a form asking if i admit or deny the charge against me. They said i had the right to not reply on the form so i didn't write or sign anything. However, i was asked to acknowledge and sign an information stating the rights I have for being provisionally arrested. I also asked what will happen next or if I can go home after paying some penalty. The officer told me that I might have to go to the court in the next morning and see what the judge will charge against me. Some also told me that they might send me a letter for penalty or court date to my country. After that they sent me to another police station at 11pm+, main police station I guess.

I did not know what was going on and I kept asking the officers but they just ignore me or reply me in German when they can actually understand and speak English. I demanded them to tell me what is going on and let me make a phone call to my family but they did nothing even when I have the rights of doing so according to the information I signed on.

I was held until the next morning after several events in hours of gap (moving from cell to cell, phototaking, fingerprint and palm scanning and etc). I was so frustrated to not know what's happening and whenever I ask if I can make a phone call or speak to someone in English in order to understand the situation, all they say is "don't know" and "later" which were apparently lies to ignore me.

At nearly 12pm, 2 officers came shouting at me in German and when I told them "English", one of them said "You're going home". They were both so rude by keep shouting at me in German and pushed me around till it got me so mad that I shouted back at them several times. I was sent to collect my bag and my things that were put in the safe and they walked to me to the exit of the police station without saying anything to me. That was it.

So here are my questions:
    1. Do I have any criminal records in the Germany or whole Europe?

If Yes, will it affect me if I were to travel to Germany again or somewhere in Europe? And studying abroad in Europe?
    Immigration?

2. Are they going to send me a letter for a penalty or court case? (I do not want to let my parents know)

3. Is there anything I should be worried about?

Please help advise! Thanks!
    Last edited by cookiepunch; 09-08-2014, 04:35 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X