Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India with Petty Theft (shoplifting) case with Court

Hi All

I was arrested for shoplifting wrongly (misunderstanding). I did not steal anything and I have valid receipts, but without verification all the receipts they called cops, they arrested me, finger printed and given court desk notice to appear on Jan 16th 2015.

I consulted Lawyer and we are going to fight for this as innocent. I do not have any prior criminal record and I am on L1 visa.

I have travel plans to India for Christmas and come back on Jan 5th 2015 (before my first court date 16th Jan). Is it safe to travel to India and come back? Will there be any problems at port of entry? I have asked this question to my lawyer, he said, OK but he says.. not sure.

Your quick responses/help is really appreciated.

Urgent... petty theft

Senior members.. Kindly reply.. Its kind of urgent.. PLEASE..............

Comment

Hello abntbk ,

Sorry to hear about your situation , I am not a senior member but was in similar situation few days back , I would say you can proceed with your travel as suggested by your attorney .Make sure you keep you attorneys contact number handy just in case if it is required . I am waiting for my court date and had to travel to India for a week and I didn't face any issues during my re entry .

Happy journey and hope your issue will be resolved .

Thanks

Comment

Unless there is a warrant or conviction on the law enforcement database (NCIC) there should be no bar for your reentry to the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by abntbk View Post
        Hi All

I was arrested for shoplifting wrongly (misunderstanding). I did not steal anything and I have valid receipts, but without verification all the receipts they called cops, they arrested me, finger printed and given court desk notice to appear on Jan 16th 2015.

I consulted Lawyer and we are going to fight for this as innocent. I do not have any prior criminal record and I am on L1 visa.

I have travel plans to India for Christmas and come back on Jan 5th 2015 (before my first court date 16th Jan). Is it safe to travel to India and come back? Will there be any problems at port of entry? I have asked this question to my lawyer, he said, OK but he says.. not sure.

Your quick responses/help is really appreciated.

Comment

Heloo,

I am in the same situation too.
          can you please let me know how did your travel go ?

Comment

Originally posted by h4visatravel View Post
            Hello abntbk ,

Sorry to hear about your situation , I am not a senior member but was in similar situation few days back , I would say you can proceed with your travel as suggested by your attorney .Make sure you keep you attorneys contact number handy just in case if it is required . I am waiting for my court date and had to travel to India for a week and I didn't face any issues during my re entry .

Thanks
            Hello,

Did you also go for stamping in India ?

Comment

Visa stamping

Originally posted by h4visatravel View Post
              Hello abntbk ,

Thanks

Sir/ mam,

Did you go for VIsa stamping too when you went out of country ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X