Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed

Hi,
    My friend is in trouble. Unfortunately he is charged with 1 felony and 1 misdemeanor.He is out on bail now. He posted the bail amount himself. He is a non-immigrant on a student visa.
    I have one question. If my friend tries to jump bail and leave the country, will he face any problem at the airport.

You know ...

... I want your "friend" to actually try it out! I wish he does so, gets caught and then enjoys the cool corrections facilities in United States.

Unless your friend's trying to go to Cuba or such, he'll be in trouble anyway.

Comment

Read about "Bounty Hunters". Bail jumping is illegal and will result in a person put behind bars till the case is tried, if caught. He should get a good criminal attorney, try for reduced charges and get the case solved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

No worry with bounty hunters because he posted the entire bail amount himself.
        And he is ready to loose the entire amount.
        But mainly he is worried with the situation at the airport.
        As it is not serious offense, he thinks he will not face any problem after going back to his home country.

Comment

Originally posted by sub1
          As it is not serious offense, he thinks he will not face any problem after going back to his home country.
          Then why not face the trial or get a plea bargain? It is better than having a red alert on the person or if the country will seek extradition. If he is categorized as a bail jumper, his warrant will be issued and will never be able to enter the country again. If he does, he will be arrested at POE.
          Last edited by txh1b; 12-06-2008, 11:57 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

The idea here is ...

... this person wants to run away from the country and "solve" the case that way!

I don't think this person is interested in actually clearing his/her name by going through the process and retaining a proper criminal attorney.

Stay warm!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X