visit visa cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visit visa cancelled

hi everyone. stuck in a worst situation by listening to others suggestions and not listening to myself.. i had 5 year b1-b2 visa and went to USA in 1999 got 3 months entry, 3 days before my i-94 expires i apllied for extension on my elder brothers will.i was young didnt know much about it..stayed there additional 5 more months in total 8 months. then took flight back but at exit flight guy asked for i-94 i said its not with me right now i applied for extension he said ok u gud to go.i came back and here at home country airport i put entry stamp on my passport with previous dates showing that i'm arriving within those original i-94 3 months entry dates.and my US lawyer applied for withdrawal of my extension application writing that the guy has already left from US..i stayed here in home country for 4 months then flew back to USA but at JFK aiport got stuck.they somehow found out, may be from my UD driving license. VO officer started showing me my passport and asked how much money did i give for this back dated stamps.. i got confused alot. somewhere i said no somewhere i said yes a friend forced me do that i was innocent bla bla.i told him that i applied for extension i didnt overstay,Vo officer said he gonna consider this back stamp and let me go if he finds my extension.he went inside and after 10 mins came back saying he didnt find any record of my extension.when they finally cancelled the visa i said i cant go back to my home country i have threats bla bla.they sent me in NY detention centre. there i spent 2 days then filed a voluntary departure request and came back to my home country.at detension centre there was a court lady who at final hearing told me they just cancelled my visa but not putting any bar.but after coming back i inquired from my uncle who works for US consulate, he told me he checked my status i have 10 years bar..its been 10 years now and i'm thinking to apply visit visa again. i dont wanna lie to them now but should i present myself as i didnt know wot really happend back then cuz according to laws i really applied for extension..or should i present myself like admitting and apologizing way.. plz assist!! badly stuck

How old were you when all that stuff happened? It may be relavent.

Comment

i was 24..

Comment

i was 24..that was my 1st visit out of country.. my brother is a US citizen so whatever he suggested me at that time i did.. thought he knows he might be right u know..
        212a 7AiI thats the code written at the last page of my passport..
        Last edited by archer919; 11-11-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

INA 212

(a) Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission.-Except as otherwise provided in this Act, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:

(7) Documentation requirements.-

(A) Immigrants.-

(i) In general.-Except as otherwise specifically provided in this Act, any immigrant at the time of application for admission-

(I) who is not in possession of a valid unexpired immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document required by this Act, and a valid unexpired passport, or other suitable travel document, or document of identity and nationality if such document is required under the regulations issued by the Attorney General under section 211(a) , or

That determination is outdated. You need to be proactive. As the person seeking as benefit under the INA, the burden of proof is on you. Read INA 291.

Your uncle's petition on your mother's behalf does not afford you any immigrant visa now. You did not mention in your post any indication of your having sought any visa based on that old petition. You didn't, right? You need to be clear about that.

Comment

hi.. i never filed for any kind of petition on my uncles or mothers behalf or any other.. i was there on b1-b2 visa.. now again need to apply for b1-b2 visa..as you mentioned, i need to be clear about what ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X