Pending 485 Interview with a DV Arrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending 485 Interview with a DV Arrest

I have an arrest (later converted into detention) on my record from 2019. Case is for DV but no charges were ever filed. Since the incident, I have got my H1B extended once but now I have an upcoming 485 Interview in 3 weeks, so I wanted to see if anyone had gone through the similar scenario.

Since no charges were filed, I have got documentation from DA (on DA letter head) about the final disposition (no cases were filed), discharge letter from court house(not certified), court clerk record showing no cases found against me and a police certificate saying no arrest record found in their database when searched against my name and ID.

In the Interview notice (standard template) it is mentioned to bring certified police report for any arrest happened in the past but my (criminal) attorney guided me to seal the records two years ago to prove my factual innocence under PC 851.91 so I went ahead with that.. so I am not sure if I will have access to the police report from police station anymore. I will try to go there today/tomorrow to confirm as well.

I have already attached all of the above mentioned document in my 485 application disclosing the arrest but I am a bit nervous about the missing police report and the reason for the interview

Any guidance/suggestion will be well appreciated.​

Hi - Did you get through you i-485? My husband is in a same situation. We need some help from you if you can.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X