Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Propsective and Advice needed

Hello all,

I am glad I found this forum and would like some advice on how to best explain a misdemeanor.

I was charged with "simple misdemeanor-worthless check". I was in high school, 17 years old, and the check was for my high school diploma, yes those do cost money. It was a 70 dollar check. I wrote the check, cancelled it due to insufficient funds, emailed him my credit card number instead. However, that email did not get to the sales agent in question so I was charged with the above crime.

Long story short, went to court, paid the sales agent, case voluntarily dismissed. I have not expunged my record yet.

I am currently 20 and about to apply for citizenship. I can't afford an immigration attorney at the present time so I just want some advice on how to explain this to the NCIS.

Also, how do I go about getting the relevant court documents? Its been a few years and I don't have the original document anymore, by original document, I mean a 1 page court summon. Should I attach that to my appliciaton?

Thank you for reading this

John

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X