Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for US Citizenship

Hi all,
    I'm getting ready to apply for US citizenship, but have a dilemma. Back in 01/02/2003 I was arrested and charged with Possession of Burglary Tools and Theft. I plead guilty, paid restitution, wrote a letter of apology, and went to counseling. The charges were then dismissed and there was never a conviction. Fast forward to today, 01/30/2012. I am an engineer working at a reputable company, donate money, and volunteer regularly. I have not gotten into trouble since then, heck I haven't even gotten a speeding ticket.

I talked to an Immigration lawyer and he said that this charge shouldn't affect me when applying since the event happened when I was a juvenile - about 9 years ago - and was never convicted. Restitution was about $500.

Thoughts? Any one with a similar experience?

Thanks in advance.

Petty theft

I got petty theft ticket 2 days back and scheduled for court date in 30 days. I am pregnant now and due in a week and will not be ready for scheduled date. Is there an option to post phone the date and what is the first step that I am supposed to be doing here.

Thanks

Comment

Hi...Need help with Pardon Letter

Hi,
      I need help with how to write a pardon letter. In my case, i was charged as felony for shoplifting but then with plead guilty it was stated as misdeameanor. All this happened in 2008 and would like to write a pardon letter now. Is it possible to do so?
      If so, can you let me how to write it.
      Thanks in advance

Originally posted by hiccup View Post
      Hi all,
      I'm getting ready to apply for US citizenship, but have a dilemma. Back in 01/02/2003 I was arrested and charged with Possession of Burglary Tools and Theft. I plead guilty, paid restitution, wrote a letter of apology, and went to counseling. The charges were then dismissed and there was never a conviction. Fast forward to today, 01/30/2012. I am an engineer working at a reputable company, donate money, and volunteer regularly. I have not gotten into trouble since then, heck I haven't even gotten a speeding ticket.

I talked to an Immigration lawyer and he said that this charge shouldn't affect me when applying since the event happened when I was a juvenile - about 9 years ago - and was never convicted. Restitution was about $500.

Thoughts? Any one with a similar experience?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

i have similar question pleasee someone helppp me

I have a situation going on regarding my citizenship naturalization process with immigration, but I got into a trouble so I don't know where to find the solution. Basically 1 week ago I got arrested for **** possesion 5th degree and they scheduled a court date on 19th of June. This is my first time arrest for that offense, so i just want to know if I have any kind of option to pay this ticket off before the court date. If there's any possibility for me to take some kind of actions to get succeed, please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X