Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback from Senator - HELP!!!

Hi guys:

This forum really helped me a lot. So wanna share with you my experience and ask for help.

I got an job offer in March several days before I filed my I-765 and I should get onboard in mid May. Thus, I called USCIS 4 times (within 1 month) to expedite my case, not surprisingly got rejected. After that, I called Senator's office asking for help. Faxed all the documents (job offer, etc). Several days later, got a phone call from one of Senators' staff. She told me that she had spoked with USCIS and got to know that I expedite was rejected several times. However, she told me that she managed to HAVE MY CASE expedited but she cannot guarantee I could get that physical card before the onboard date.

Several days later, I received a letter from Senators office, it was a printed correspondence between Senator's office and USCIS. On the letter, it says:

“Your constituent's I765 ( YYYY YYYY YYYY X) is currently with an officer for review and should be decided within this coming week or two.

Thank you for your inquiry and please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further questions regarding this case.

Congressional Liaison"

So my question is: does this mean the USCIS officer is reviewing my case to decided if I meet the expedite criteria and I could still get rejected OR it means the officer is actually REVIEWing my case and I could get my EAD approved in 1 or 2 weeks? Since it has already been 2 weeks and the status is still "Case received"...I'm so desparate since I dont wanna lose this job offer.

I do appreciate your help!

I attach my timeline for your reference:

Visa type:L2
    Mar 24, 2016: EAD case received by USCIS
    Mar 30, 2016: Job offer
    Mar 31, 2016: NOA I-797
    Mar 31, 2016: called USCIS to expedite and got rejected
    Apr 22, 2016: called USCIS to expedite and got rejected
    Apr 29, 2016: called USCIS to expedite and got rejected
    May 2, 2016: called Senator's office and faxed documents
    May 6, 2016: received the letter

{{modal[0].title}}