EAD is expiring while waiting for residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD is expiring while waiting for residence

Hi! I am really concern about the fact that my husband can lose his job. He is Cuban and he was admitted under 2 years parole in the United States. After one year in the states he and I (f1 student) we both applied together for the residence. We applied on March and still we not have any notice of the interview. He also applied for a EAD renewal on September and we just got a receive notice but anything else. His parole and his working permit is going to expire in 15 days and I do not know what will happen with his job. He has a good job as an IT technician and I do not know if the company can fired him due to the expiration of his documents...Any Cuban or anyone who knows about Cuban adjustment cases have any experience about this? I cannot believe USCIS has not given priority to our case knowing that Cubans has expiration dates..

Thank you for your help

Same Situation

Hi Itsuke, I am so sorry to hear about that. My wife and I are in the same situation. As far as I know if you applied for the EAD between 120 and 90 days before expiring, you should receive it on time. In the case it does not get on time you could request an INTERIM EAD.

Good luck

Comment

Did you get the EAD on time?

Hi, did you guys get the EAD card on time? I hope so. Take care

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X