Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need serious advice on AP, please let me hear your thoughts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they will send your AP doc

Seeing as you already applied and did your biometrics I actually think they will mail your AP card to your home, but it could take anything between 2 - 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by Minahqq View Post
      You intend to immigrate but you leave while your immigration paperworks are still going which will be considered abandonment. Where is your husband? You're a law-abiding citizen and no criminal record or overstay visa then good for you but your documents will still be considered abandoned and you will most likely be denied entry upon arrival. Like what you posted, USCIS said you must apply before you leave. You can try to find other route but once USCIS finds out you left when you're AOS is pending ,they will considered it as abandoned and you cant make them overturn that decision despite however many documents you show them

I had a similar situation. However I left with a ap on hand. However I had to overstay outside of the us to take care of an ailing family member. When I was overseas and before my current ap expired, I sent an application to my wife here in the us and she mailed it to uscis and the parole came in which she carried. I returned to the us and have applied for 4 ap after that every year and got the same.

Will it be any issue in 485 application approval.

Btw I am current since August16 and have gotten no response.

Please advise

Comment

Originally posted by Linn Elin View Post
        Thank you for reading, I'll try to keep it short. The situation is this; I sent in the adjustment of status package(I-485, I-131, I-765) which was recieved by uscis on september 22nd. I had my biometrics appointment on the 25 of october. On the 3rd of November my dad had a surgery which was supposed to be a routine surgery cause the do it all the the time. The surgery got complicated and my dad almost died. He had to have Andreas rher surgery that same day. He's turning 80 this summer. While on the phone with my sister after she had got the details about the sugeries I panicked thinking I would never see my father alive again, that he would die while I was abroad. I left without having my ap approved because I didn't have time to wait for an Infopass appointment.
        I know USCIS will deem my application abandoned because of that. Is there a chance that they will accept documentation of the urgency from a surgeon afterhand, and I will be fine to go back. Do any of you have experience with this.
        My husband is not worried at all about me not getting my ap because we've done everything we were supposed to before I left, except getting the ap approved. I'm so worried cause I now might not be able to go back to what I now call my home. I subrented my appartment, sold my car and left my job in my country because I intended to immigrate, and now I can't go back. I couldn't foresee my fathers serious illness and felt the right thing was to be with my father. How do you think USCIS will handle the case? I'm sorry for the long text, but I''really depressed being in this state. Thank you for reading.
        My sister had an accident 2 weeks ago and I had to be present for brain surgery peroformed on her! I went to uscis field office and filed for emergency advance parole before departing and it got approved. It is definetely going to be really hard to get back in. If anything you may trigger a bar and your application is now gone since you abandon your application

Comment

Since you applied for advanced parole along with your adjustment of status. Ones it arrived, your husband should mail it to you, then you will be able to come back to the US. When did you file your documents?

Comment

Originally posted by jayleno View Post
            Since you applied for advanced parole along with your adjustment of status. Ones it arrived, your husband should mail it to you, then you will be able to come back to the US. When did you file your documents?
            First the AP will likely be denied because she already left. Second, even in the highly unlikely chance she gets it, if she tries to enter with it, they will deny her entry when they see that the date she left was before the date the AP was issued.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Just wondering how this turned out for you? I think it depends what visa you first came here on? For me I was on an L1 and I could travel freely in and out if the US on my L1 until the combo card came through. My family on L2s could do the same.

Comment

My AP was mailed to me

Did you ever receive your AP? Mine arrived while I was overseas and the original one I had traveled with expired. I returned with the new one.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X