Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD application process timeline details.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD application process timeline details.

Hi guys,

I just want to share my EAD application process since I got it this morning and hope it will help you in the future. Thanks.

Status: All documents shipped to USCIS Phoenix, AZ/ Date: Feb 09, 2017
    Status: All documents deliverer to USCIS Phoenix, AZ/ Date: Feb 13, 2017 by UPS.
    Status: Received notification from USCIS by SMS and mail/ Date: Mar 07, 2017.
    I guess it took a while to confirm my case because the application transferred from Phoenix AZ to Arlington VA. I think all of our EADs are same.
    Status: Correspondence was reviewed and USCIS is review it/ Date: Mar 30, 2017
    I received the approval notice (I-797) on Mar 31, 2017 which was not really matter to me.
    Card received on Apr 05, 2017. To be exactly, the USPS delivered it to me at 11:30am today.

I hope my example will help you to understand how USCIS works, and good luck to everyone who will working on it in the future.

Sincerely,

Frank

That is pretty quick!

Originally posted by frankyj View Post
    Hi guys,

I just want to share my EAD application process since I got it this morning and hope it will help you in the future. Thanks.

Status: All documents shipped to USCIS Phoenix, AZ/ Date: Feb 09, 2017
    Status: All documents deliverer to USCIS Phoenix, AZ/ Date: Feb 13, 2017 by UPS.
    Status: Received notification from USCIS by SMS and mail/ Date: Mar 07, 2017.
    I guess it took a while to confirm my case because the application transferred from Phoenix AZ to Arlington VA. I think all of our EADs are same.
    Status: Correspondence was reviewed and USCIS is review it/ Date: Mar 30, 2017
    I received the approval notice (I-797) on Mar 31, 2017 which was not really matter to me.
    Card received on Apr 05, 2017. To be exactly, the USPS delivered it to me at 11:30am today.

I hope my example will help you to understand how USCIS works, and good luck to everyone who will working on it in the future.

Sincerely,

Frank
    You got lucky there! My EAD renewal request was received on 01/10/17 and I still have no status update it only says "case received". It went to the USCIS National Benefits (Missouri) office. I do have a question if anyo0ne knows the answer. I am going to contact the congressmen. It's not the local one to me but it's the one I contacted last time, everyone knows him MARCO RUBIO. He's not my local congressmen anymore since his on the Senate now and he's in Orlando, FL and I'm in Miami, FL. I think I'm going to contact him because he already has all of my information and I don't have to go see his secretary at his office. Should I contact him or go with my local congressmen? Thanks in advance everyone!

Comment

I am not sure

Originally posted by chatuba80 View Post
      You got lucky there! My EAD renewal request was received on 01/10/17 and I still have no status update it only says "case received". It went to the USCIS National Benefits (Missouri) office. I do have a question if anyo0ne knows the answer. I am going to contact the congressmen. It's not the local one to me but it's the one I contacted last time, everyone knows him MARCO RUBIO. He's not my local congressmen anymore since his on the Senate now and he's in Orlando, FL and I'm in Miami, FL. I think I'm going to contact him because he already has all of my information and I don't have to go see his secretary at his office. Should I contact him or go with my local congressmen? Thanks in advance everyone!
      I am not sure you should contact them or not since I did not go through with them, and don't think it worth me to do that for this application. But I will do it if I have the same issue like you have now cause they got everything about you already. It might be a quick pass.

From my prospective, this is a very easy application, and we could find the resources from the international student service center in most of college. The international students should have no problem with this application if they already deal with social security card application, employment application, and tax return application. The most important things for this application are make sure your hand writing readable, keep the paper clean and neat, give the officer clearly informations. Otherwise, nobody gonna like it. Imagining you received one application and every paper was messy, hand writing was suck, will you approve it very quick??? I will leave it until I have to do it cause I do not like it.

Good Luck, and hope it goes well.

Sincerely,

Frank

Comment

I am not sure you should contact them or not since I did not go through with them, and don't think it worth me to do that for this application. But I will do it if I have the same issue like you have now cause they got everything about you already. It might be a quick pass.

From my prospective, this is a very easy application, and we could find the resources from the international student service center in most of college. The international students should have no problem with this application if they already deal with social security card application, employment application, and tax return application. The most important things for this application are make sure your hand writing readable, keep the paper clean and neat, give the officer clearly informations. Otherwise, nobody gonna like it. Imagining you received one application and every paper was messy, hand writing was suck, will you approve it very quick??? I will leave it until I have to do it cause I do not like it.

Good Luck, and hope it goes well.

Sincerely,

Frank
        I thought that it was going to be a quick pass as well, but it's getting close to the 90 days period and nothing yet. I know that now it can take more then 90 days, but I've seen people that gotten there card before the 90 days.

Comment

I thought that it was going to be a quick pass as well, but it's getting close to the 90 days period and nothing yet. I know that now it can take more then 90 days, but I've seen people that gotten there card before the 90 days.
          I think that was why I applied the EAD at Feb and set the OPT start time from June. Hope everything goes well.

Frank

Comment

I think that was why I applied the EAD at Feb and set the OPT start time from June. Hope everything goes well.

Frank
            Yes, but when I applied for my, I didn't know I could apply for the renewal 4 months before it expires.

Comment

Yes, but when I applied for my, I didn't know I could apply for the renewal 4 months before it expires.
              Update on my case! "New Card is Being Processed". I think now from what I see from others here it should arrive on the mail in more or less 2 weeks.
              Good news!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X