Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can it take to get a job with L2 EAD work authorization

Hi,

I have got my EAD two weeks back. So far the responses have been few. I have been posting in the major job portals like Monster, Indeed, Glassdoor. There are lots of job which fits my profile but not getting as many calls. I have 11 years of IT experience, all in Financial Technology. I have mostly worked for European and Asian Financial Organisations. But after working for that long, the question I am being asked is if I have worked in US!! How long does it take to land a job here. I am not very demanding at this point and just need a break.

Originally posted by Amrita Mukherjee View Post
    Hi,

I have got my EAD two weeks back. So far the responses have been few. I have been posting in the major job portals like Monster, Indeed, Glassdoor. There are lots of job which fits my profile but not getting as many calls. I have 11 years of IT experience, all in Financial Technology. I have mostly worked for European and Asian Financial Organisations. But after working for that long, the question I am being asked is if I have worked in US!! How long does it take to land a job here. I am not very demanding at this point and just need a break.
    I had the same experience. Keep trying and something will click for you. I tried almost 2+ months and then ended up getting a job. We need to do a little compromise on the salary part as we do not have any US experience. SO once u get some experience you can try for other opportunities. As such L2 EAD workers have their own cons like it is being tied to our spouse's visa status. So job stability is not transparent for the recruiters.

Try i hire control which is a good site. All the Best!!

How long did it take to get your EAD processed? Mine is pending for renewal and have not received a word, its been more than a month now!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X