Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for initial evidence = 90 days more? (OPT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for initial evidence = 90 days more? (OPT)

Hi,

This morning I checked my OPT application and it had changed from "your case was received" to "request for initial evidence was mailed". Someone told me that the process will start over once they receive whatever they need. Does this mean that I'll have to wait another 90 days or more? I was expected to start a new job in a month, does this mean that I won't be able to?

Also, the only document that was missing from my application was my old EAD and I20s from the last time I did the OPT 14 years ago (after a Master's degree, now it's after a PhD). In my application I attached a letter saying that I didn't have those anymore and giving them all the information that I could recall. If I already told them that I don't have them why would they ask me for them again?

As you can imagine, I'm going through a very stressfull time right now, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by tonileon View Post
    Hi,

This morning I checked my OPT application and it had changed from "your case was received" to "request for initial evidence was mailed". Someone told me that the process will start over once they receive whatever they need. Does this mean that I'll have to wait another 90 days or more? I was expected to start a new job in a month, does this mean that I won't be able to?

Also, the only document that was missing from my application was my old EAD and I20s from the last time I did the OPT 14 years ago (after a Master's degree, now it's after a PhD). In my application I attached a letter saying that I didn't have those anymore and giving them all the information that I could recall. If I already told them that I don't have them why would they ask me for them again?

As you can imagine, I'm going through a very stressfull time right now, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi there, initial evidence usually yes, it will start over. Check this USCIS site.
    These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

And you have to provide all information that they ask even 14 years ago OPT EAD and i-20. I know it sucks, but you need to... I'm sorry to hear that. You can talk to your employer and have some date postponed. I did last year and they understood. Good luck!!!

(Not a legal advice, just my opinion.)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X