Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Expedite Timeline and Decisions

Hi everyone,

I have been a guest on this website for a long time and I want to express my gratitude towards everyone who takes their time to help one another.

I am adjusting status from F1 (My EAD from OPT expired 2 days ago on 2/21/2018). Along with I-130 and I-485, we submitted I-765 application as well.

My PD is 1/19/2018
    NOA 1 is 1/25/2018
    Biometrics Done on 2/2/2018

I submitted expedited request for my EAD (I-765 on 2/8/2018) and received e-mail communication from the USCIS requesting proof on 2/12/2018. I am trying to expedite under 'Severe Financial Loss to a Company and Person'. I faxed a letter from my employer on the same day on 2/12/2018.

On 2/12/2018 in my case History it showed 3 genetic messages: 1) Expedite requests assigned to an officer 2) We sent you a response (e-mail) 3) review complete

I contacted Obudsman and Senator around 2/15/2018 and they sent requests on my behalf.

On 2/22/2018, my expedited case got re-assigned to an officer for review and it also says that they have my expedited request on hold while they request my case file.

I have read a lot about cases and found that people in similar situation with similar updates get approved shortly.

Does anyone have any experience with similar situations? If so, please share your story and timeline. I will keep updating mine. Thank you once again!

Hey. Sorry this isn't answering your question, I just have a question myself. I asked my attorney to submit expedite request, but I see no similar actions to what you have described under case description. Does that mean it was not filed or does it not show up for a while? It has been over 2 weeks since I asked them though. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jerovc View Post
      Hey. Sorry this isn't answering your question, I just have a question myself. I asked my attorney to submit expedite request, but I see no similar actions to what you have described under case description. Does that mean it was not filed or does it not show up for a while? It has been over 2 weeks since I asked them though. Thanks!
      Do you have an account on USCIS website? If not, then you will not be able to see.

Comment

Originally posted by kvito28 View Post
        Do you have an account on USCIS website? If not, then you will not be able to see.
        I have an account, but nothing shows when I log in and check my case number

Comment

I have an account, but nothing shows when I log in and check my case number
          I guess your inquiry was never submitted. Every time I have request expedited review, it immediately showed up in case history.

Comment

I guess your inquiry was never submitted. Every time I have request expedited review, it immediately showed up in case history.
            how did you submit your request?

Comment

how did you submit your request?
              I called the USCIS customer service and asked Tier 1 officer to submit an inquiry for me. It is a standard procedure. Make sure you give them as much information as you can! Also, make sure you give your e-mail address for communication purposes. If they think your case meets expedite criteria, they will send you an e-mail requesting proof.

Comment

I called the USCIS customer service and asked Tier 1 officer to submit an inquiry for me. It is a standard procedure. Make sure you give them as much information as you can! Also, make sure you give your e-mail address for communication purposes. If they think your case meets expedite criteria, they will send you an e-mail requesting proof.
                I just spoke to tier 1 officer, my attorney never submitted expedite request, this is killing me. my PD is Oct 6 and since my previous status expired on 1/11, I have been jobless. What kind of proof of financial hardship to a company or a person did you submit? How can I make this a case for me?

Comment

I just spoke to tier 1 officer, my attorney never submitted expedite request, this is killing me. my PD is Oct 6 and since my previous status expired on 1/11, I have been jobless. What kind of proof of financial hardship to a company or a person did you submit? How can I make this a case for me?
                  If your PD is Oct 6 did you submit any service requests? In general, if your case has been pending for more than 75 days, you can submit a service request (it is generally slow but still helps).

For financial hardship, I provided a letter from my employer that, if I do not get EAD on time, the business will have to undergo foreclosure (It is a small business). Also, it would put me as an applicant in a severe financial trouble. For AOS I am included as a joint sponsor for which I provided a letter stating my continues employment upon EAD approval. You can also submit expedited request if you have a job offer but in general those types of cases do not pass any expedite criteria.

A lot depends on your employer and whether they can provide a good letter or not.

Comment

If your PD is Oct 6 did you submit any service requests? In general, if your case has been pending for more than 75 days, you can submit a service request (it is generally slow but still helps).

For financial hardship, I provided a letter from my employer that, if I do not get EAD on time, the business will have to undergo foreclosure (It is a small business). Also, it would put me as an applicant in a severe financial trouble. For AOS I am included as a joint sponsor for which I provided a letter stating my continues employment upon EAD approval. You can also submit expedited request if you have a job offer but in general those types of cases do not pass any expedite criteria.

A lot depends on your employer and whether they can provide a good letter or not.
                    I have a pending job offer, but it is with a big company, so hardship for the company is out of option. Did you have to submit any financial or bank statements for yourself?

I am really sorry to be stealing your thread with this.

Comment

Request Guidance: EAD Renewal

Hi,
                      Greeting of the day!

My name is Anjali Vikram and I got your email id from one of the immigration forums. I have tried to ask my question in a couple of forums but I have not been able to get an answer.
                      I would highly appreciate if you could answer my query and steer me in the right direction.

My current scenario:

I am on L2 dependent visa and my husband is on L1A visa. His visa is expiring on March 3rd, 2018 and has filed for an extension with USCIS. In the case status, USCIS has requested for some additional documents for verification and we are yet to hear from them.
                      My EAD is expiring on May 25, 2018. As per the process, i should file for renewal application in March. I am currently not working but I am planning to start something around April 2018.
                      My husband says that I should apply for renewal of EAD only after the decision of USCIS on Visa extension as we don't know as of now. But if I wait, I will cross the timeline of applying within 90 days period for renewal.

My question is:
                      Do i need to wait for Visa extension before i apply for EAD renewal.
                      If we get extension, i would not have current I94, how can i then apply for EAD renewal
                      I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

I have a pending job offer, but it is with a big company, so hardship for the company is out of option. Did you have to submit any financial or bank statements for yourself?

I am really sorry to be stealing your thread with this.
                        I only submitted one letter from my employer. Do not rely on my info too much because it is still not approved Fingers crossed though.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Anjali Vikram View Post
                        Hi,
                        Greeting of the day!

My name is Anjali Vikram and I got your email id from one of the immigration forums. I have tried to ask my question in a couple of forums but I have not been able to get an answer.
                        I would highly appreciate if you could answer my query and steer me in the right direction.

My current scenario:

I am on L2 dependent visa and my husband is on L1A visa. His visa is expiring on March 3rd, 2018 and has filed for an extension with USCIS. In the case status, USCIS has requested for some additional documents for verification and we are yet to hear from them.
                        My EAD is expiring on May 25, 2018. As per the process, i should file for renewal application in March. I am currently not working but I am planning to start something around April 2018.
                        My husband says that I should apply for renewal of EAD only after the decision of USCIS on Visa extension as we don't know as of now. But if I wait, I will cross the timeline of applying within 90 days period for renewal.

My question is:
                        Do i need to wait for Visa extension before i apply for EAD renewal.
                        If we get extension, i would not have current I94, how can i then apply for EAD renewal
                        I look forward to hearing from you.
                        Hi Anjali! I would love to help, but unfortunately I know nothing about L1 and L2 statuses, therefore, I will not give you wrong advice. I do know that based on your currents status, EAD applications and rules vary. I would highly recommend discussing this with a professional. There are places who do consulting for an hour or two and prices are reasonable.

Comment

any updates? your topic got hijacked so i was wondering if you found out more?
                          I got my generic assigned/completed/mailed (feb16) when they asked for evidence but after faxing it for second time on feb21 i never got any updates

Hi everyone,

I have been a guest on this website for a long time and I want to express my gratitude towards everyone who takes their time to help one another.

I am adjusting status from F1 (My EAD from OPT expired 2 days ago on 2/21/2018). Along with I-130 and I-485, we submitted I-765 application as well.

My PD is 1/19/2018
                          NOA 1 is 1/25/2018
                          Biometrics Done on 2/2/2018

I submitted expedited request for my EAD (I-765 on 2/8/2018) and received e-mail communication from the USCIS requesting proof on 2/12/2018. I am trying to expedite under 'Severe Financial Loss to a Company and Person'. I faxed a letter from my employer on the same day on 2/12/2018.

On 2/12/2018 in my case History it showed 3 genetic messages: 1) Expedite requests assigned to an officer 2) We sent you a response (e-mail) 3) review complete

I contacted Obudsman and Senator around 2/15/2018 and they sent requests on my behalf.

On 2/22/2018, my expedited case got re-assigned to an officer for review and it also says that they have my expedited request on hold while they request my case file.

I have read a lot about cases and found that people in similar situation with similar updates get approved shortly.

Does anyone have any experience with similar situations? If so, please share your story and timeline. I will keep updating mine. Thank you once again!
                          This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
                          122017 - PD
                          012518 - Biometrics
                          033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
                          062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
                          082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
                          090418 - 2nd we scheduled
                          091018 - first interview canceled
                          092118 - Request to reschedule int
                          102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
                          030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
                          040219 - We canceled your int
                          040519 - Int sched
                          051419 - Interview
                          053119 - approved

Comment

Originally posted by boogiewoogie View Post
                            any updates? your topic got hijacked so i was wondering if you found out more?
                            I got my generic assigned/completed/mailed (feb16) when they asked for evidence but after faxing it for second time on feb21 i never got any updates
                            After 2/22/2018 when my case got re-assigned to an officer and the case is on hold until they receive my case file, I have not heard anything since. It sucks... I got infopass appointment for 3/8 and trying to get it for earlier date as well. They would not let me in earlier than what the appointment says on the paper... I tried. It seems like waiting is the only way to go. I will keep posting about how my infopass appt goes.

Comment

Approved

Today, 3/1/2018 my expedited request got approved and the case status shows "New card is being produced".

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X