Expediting EAD renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expediting EAD renewal

Just discovered this wonderful bank of experience, knowledge and opinion.

California resident, L2 Visa, submitted EAD renewal to Phoenix Arizona in January 2018. 99 days later (May 10 2018) and I have a receipt number, received February 1 2018, and nothing else.

California USCIS Customer Services told me their processing time has changed to "5.5-7.5 months" and, in terms of delay, they are currently processing applications received September 30 2017. Apparently I cannot place a Service Request until 7.5 months have passed i.e. wait 5 more months.

It's now urgent as my previous EAD has expired...THEREFORE I'm about to pay an attorney to submit a new EAD expedited renewal application on my behalf but hesitating as I have unsuccessfully asked him to comment on the chances of success/failure or what constitutes a good case. I've been told:

No timeline for expedites, estimate is 4 weeks if successful
    USCIS has to agree there is a business necessity to expedite the case
    Expedite letter should describe the detriment to the company and ideally include financial figures of the impact
    No guarantees

In addition, the expedite letter template I've been sent simply states [insert business case in great detail here] - I thought this is what I was paying for as I don't have knowledge of what successful or unsuccessful expedite letters state - I will just have to give it my best shot.

I'm currently trying to accept that this is a roll of the dice but what do others think? Am I throwing my money away? Is it odd that that my attorney wants to file a new application and not try to expedite the one already submitted?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X