Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May I travel internationally while my EAD/AP renewal application is pending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May I travel internationally while my EAD/AP renewal application is pending?

My current EAD/AP expires Dec. 2018 and I just applied EAD/AP renewal early this August. Now I have a family emergency and have to travel back home in Sept. I have used my current EAD/AP once in May this year, and the stamp on the passport says "paroled till May 2019". I applied I-485 under c(9). So no other visas available.

I have three questions:
    1. If I travel aboard with my current EAD/AP, would my pending renewal application consider abandoned? I've seen some articles online confirming new practice by USCIS to deny AP application even when traveling with a valid current AP. While I couldn't locate similar information on USCIS web, the representitive seemed to confirm the info on the phone when I called.
    2. Even if my pending AP renewal application is abandoned due to my international travel, may I resubmit one after I come back to the US? Is the resubmission complicated? (I handled all my immigration issues by myself and would rather stay that way)
    3. Is it true that AP renewal application abandonment will not affect my current pending AOS application or my EAD renewal application in any way?

Thank you so much!

Originally posted by lovekenlovehelen View Post
    My current EAD/AP expires Dec. 2018 and I just applied EAD/AP renewal early this August. Now I have a family emergency and have to travel back home in Sept. I have used my current EAD/AP once in May this year, and the stamp on the passport says "paroled till May 2019". I applied I-485 under c(9). So no other visas available.

I have three questions:
    1. If I travel aboard with my current EAD/AP, would my pending renewal application consider abandoned? I've seen some articles online confirming new practice by USCIS to deny AP application even when traveling with a valid current AP. While I couldn't locate similar information on USCIS web, the representitive seemed to confirm the info on the phone when I called.
    2. Even if my pending AP renewal application is abandoned due to my international travel, may I resubmit one after I come back to the US? Is the resubmission complicated? (I handled all my immigration issues by myself and would rather stay that way)
    3. Is it true that AP renewal application abandonment will not affect my current pending AOS application or my EAD renewal application in any way?

Thank you so much!
    You can travel on your current AP as long as you return before the AP expires.

1. Yes, your AP renewal will be denied. Your EAD renewal will be unaffected.
    2. Yes, you can just apply for renewal again. It is free anyway.
    3. Yes. It will not affect your AOS or EAD renewal

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hi!

I?m in a similar situation, did you ever travel?

Comment

Originally posted by lovekenlovehelen View Post

I have three questions:

Thank you so much!
        Better if you ask a knowledgeable person regarding with this.
        I once read that if you?re planning to travel using your current ap and have an outstanding renewal application, that application will be denied. I?m not sure how legit that comment. Better if you check with a lwayer.
        B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
        FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
        4/20/18 Received 4 letters
        5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
        5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
        9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
        9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
        9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
        9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
        9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
        2/17/19 Traveled abroad
        3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
        3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
          Better if you ask a knowledgeable person regarding with this.
          I once read that if you?re planning to travel using your current ap and have an outstanding renewal application, that application will be denied. I?m not sure how legit that comment. Better if you check with a lwayer.
          Can you tell me what the process of renewing EAD/AP - i filed for my parents as concurrent and they AP is expiring this month ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X