Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting, waiting, waiting...anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting, waiting, waiting...anyone else?

PD: May 24, 2018 (National Benefits Center)
    Filed I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 concurrently.
    Applying for GC through marriage (same-sex)
    Biometrics done June 19, 2018

Canadian citizen married to USC.

I have heard essentially nothing on my I-130/131 since getting the 797C notices on May 29. Online check shows I-485 interview "is ready to be scheduled", which I am not too overly concerned with as I know it will be at least next year before that happens, and fingerprints are being processed as of July 7. For EAD, last notice was July 2, 2018 that "fingerprints were being processed."

I am on H-1B which expires September 30, 2018. Have started process for extension, which will likely be filed before end of month. It sucks, because I had to shell out over 3 grand for this and I know it won't even get looked at because EAD will probably get approved before then. Also potential issues with getting drivers license renewed (expires end of September) as I may not have "DMV-approved" papers to show that I am in country legally after September 30, 2018 even though I can stay because of H-1B extension and AOS for GC. Frustrating, to say the least!

My P date is about 5 weeks before yours. I just got my approval on the 26th of Sept and card mailed the 28th. So an educated guess would be that you will get yours by Nov 1st or so. Took me 161 days. good luck!
    4-18-18 PD
    4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
    9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
    10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
    10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
    10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
    11-13-18 Interview
    11-13-18 New card being produced
    11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
    11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by bobm445 View Post
      My P date is about 5 weeks before yours. I just got my approval on the 26th of Sept and card mailed the 28th. So an educated guess would be that you will get yours by Nov 1st or so. Took me 161 days. good luck!
      Thanks for the response! I sure hope it comes soon!

Comment

Originally posted by toddrf72 View Post

Canadian citizen married to USC.

I have heard essentially nothing on my I-130/131 since getting the 797C notices on May 29. Online check shows I-485 interview "is ready to be scheduled", which I am not too overly concerned with as I know it will be at least next year before that happens, and fingerprints are being processed as of July 7. For EAD, last notice was July 2, 2018 that "fingerprints were being processed."

I am on H-1B which expires September 30, 2018. Have started process for extension, which will likely be filed before end of month. It sucks, because I had to shell out over 3 grand for this and I know it won't even get looked at because EAD will probably get approved before then. Also potential issues with getting drivers license renewed (expires end of September) as I may not have "DMV-approved" papers to show that I am in country legally after September 30, 2018 even though I can stay because of H-1B extension and AOS for GC. Frustrating, to say the least!

damn. did you filed for the extension.? those 3 grand hurt!! lol i sympathize with your pain.
        Concurrent I-131, I-485(I-693), I-765 *no lawyer* by Cuban Adjustment Act (CAA)
        3/26/18 From Miami
        4/1/18 Received
        4/09/18 Credit Card Charged
        4/10/18 NoAs text & email
        4/14/28 NoAs mail I-797C
        4/27/18 Biometrics for 5/8/18
        4/30/18 Early walk-in for Biometrics
        5/1/18 Fingerprints received (by Level 2) I485 status never changed from "finger fee received"
        9/12/18 Case Approved I765 & I131
        9/19/18 Combo Card in hand
        9/22/18 SSN in hand
        1/15/19 Case Approved I485 (Interview waived)

Comment

Hello, I filed 4/19/18 and I still got nothing. Which center was your application transferred to?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ppsmp2002 View Post
            damn. did you filed for the extension.? those 3 grand hurt!! lol i sympathize with your pain.
            Yup, extension has been filed so I'm good, and yes it was painful to pay that up, but it had to be done so I could continue to work legally. Still waiting on EAD. Also, my DL expired yesterday and I am waiting on SAVE verification which (hopefully) will occur by mid-week so I can get my DL again.

Comment

Originally posted by toddrf72 View Post
              Yup, extension has been filed so I'm good, and yes it was painful to pay that up, but it had to be done so I could continue to work legally. Still waiting on EAD. Also, my DL expired yesterday and I am waiting on SAVE verification which (hopefully) will occur by mid-week so I can get my DL again.
              Got the call from the Utah DMV that my second verification attempt through SAVE came through (took 6 days), so now I have my DL back, good for one year. Now if that EAD card could juuuuust come through...

Comment

Originally posted by ale0130 View Post
                Hello, I filed 4/19/18 and I still got nothing. Which center was your application transferred to?

Thanks!
                National Benefit Center. Any RFEs?
                4-18-18 PD
                4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
                9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
                10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
                10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
                10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
                11-13-18 Interview
                11-13-18 New card being produced
                11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
                11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Just received word this morning via text and confirmed on uscis.gov website that my EAD card is being produced!

138 days for approval. Haven't heard anything about I-131 yet, however.

Comment

National Benefit Center. Any RFEs?
                    I got RFE for Affidavit of Support i-864 in April. Responded in June and Finger print review was completed in 24th June after they received response to RFE. No further update since then. Total of 196 days now .....Waiting isn't cool

Comment

Our Priority Date is 3/13/2018.

The AP/EAD arrived on 10/4. We are now waiting on the social security card. Hopefully, this takes weeks and not months to arrive. Does anyone know how long this takes? This process is painfully slow.

Comment

June filer and still waiting....

06/26 Filed application for I-485 and I-765
                        07/03 application received
                        08/01 biometrics appointment
                        08/02 biometrics received
                        08/08 status: ready to schedule interview
                        .. status hasn't changed yet for both applications.

Comment

Originally posted by ale0130 View Post

Thanks!
                          I filed on the same day and still have nothing through. Do you have your EAD/AP yet?

Comment

EAD card arrived in the mail today, along with approval notices for EAD and AP. AP status online still shows "Case received" for some reason. Glad this part is over with. Now to play the waiting game for the GC interview...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankandTrinh View Post
                              Our Priority Date is 3/13/2018.

The AP/EAD arrived on 10/4. We are now waiting on the social security card. Hopefully, this takes weeks and not months to arrive. Does anyone know how long this takes? This process is painfully slow.
                              My husband got his EAD and social on the same day
                              3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
                              4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
                              4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
                              4/27/18 - biometrics complete
                              7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
                              8/10/18 - EAD in Production
                              8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
                              8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X