Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD processing times (October 2018 application)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an update:

My card is shipped. I received a tracking number and it is supposed to arrive on Monday, March 18th.

Comment

We applied with forms I-130, I -131, I-485 and I-765 c(9) at the National Benefits Center.

I received the EAD card today with a message "Serves as I-512 Advance Parole".

Here is my timeline:
      Application/Receipt date: 10/23/2018
      Biometrics done: 11/21/2018
      Fingerprint review complete: 12/05/2018
      EAD approved and new card processed: 03/12/2019
      Card shipped: 03/14/2019
      Card received: 03/18/2019

on USCIS website:
      Case I-131 still says fingerprint review completed.
      Case I-765 is updated with card is shipped and received.
      Case I-130 says case is received.
      Case I-485 says they're preparing our case for officer review.

Has anyone gotten their interview dates yet?
      Thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I submitted my I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-140 concurrently on October 6, 2018. My center is NBC (National Benefits Center). Here is my timeline so far:

Receipt Date for I-485, I-765, I-131: Oct 9, 2018
        I-140 Approval Date: Oct 15, 2018
        Biometrics Appointment: Nov 7, 2018

Case status still shows: "We accepted your fingerprint fee..."

I have two questions regarding my case:

(1) I have not received my EAD/AP combo card. Should I contact USCIS about this, and if so, how? My case is currently within the normal processing time, as NBC is processing cases up to September 16, 2018 filers as of today, which means I cannot raise SR or raise an inquiry yet. Please advise based on your experience.

(2) Since I have filed my I-485 or Adjustment of Status (AOS) in October 2018, I am expecting to wait about 12-18 months of processing time to get my Green Card. It appears that the closest local offices near me would be Los Angeles or Los Angeles County, and both offices are taking around 10 months to 24 months to process employment-based green cards. I was wondering if I should maintain a valid status while having my I-485 pending application being processed? I have maintained my F-1 visa status before, during and after submitting my I-485 application/AOS. At this point, after having my I-140 approved and am awaiting for my I-485 or adjustment of status to be processed, should I continue to maintain my F-1 visa status? I applied for the H1-B before applying for my green card, but I was not selected in the lottery.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by california777 View Post
          Hi everyone,

I submitted my I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-140 concurrently on October 6, 2018. My center is NBC (National Benefits Center). Here is my timeline so far:

Receipt Date for I-485, I-765, I-131: Oct 9, 2018
          I-140 Approval Date: Oct 15, 2018
          Biometrics Appointment: Nov 7, 2018

Case status still shows: "We accepted your fingerprint fee..."

I have two questions regarding my case:

(1) I have not received my EAD/AP combo card. Should I contact USCIS about this, and if so, how? My case is currently within the normal processing time, as NBC is processing cases up to September 16, 2018 filers as of today, which means I cannot raise SR or raise an inquiry yet. Please advise based on your experience.

(2) Since I have filed my I-485 or Adjustment of Status (AOS) in October 2018, I am expecting to wait about 12-18 months of processing time to get my Green Card. It appears that the closest local offices near me would be Los Angeles or Los Angeles County, and both offices are taking around 10 months to 24 months to process employment-based green cards. I was wondering if I should maintain a valid status while having my I-485 pending application being processed? I have maintained my F-1 visa status before, during and after submitting my I-485 application/AOS. At this point, after having my I-140 approved and am awaiting for my I-485 or adjustment of status to be processed, should I continue to maintain my F-1 visa status? I applied for the H1-B before applying for my green card, but I was not selected in the lottery.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!
          Hi,

You're still under normal processing times so contacting USCIS won't really help. You'll get the same status update as you see on the website. Try signing up for myUSCIS if you haven't already.

For your second question, could you please provide more information as what is your application category? Looks like it's through employment. If that's the case, then you need to maintain a valid status. Only persons who have applied through marriage are fine not maintaining a valid status according to what I have read so far. So if you're on F1 and if you can maintain that status, great! If you can get on H1 that's fine too. It is always a better idea to consult your immigration lawyer on such issues. One more way to get answers from the immigration layers is through this site (https://www.avvo.com/), people responding to your questions are lawyers so you want to be as detailed and specific as possible to get the exact answer.

Hope that helps.

Good luck
          -
          Ameya

Comment

california777 you should keep your F1 status at least until you get your EAD/AP and use it. Once you use it, you are no longer on F1 and you should contact your school so they update your records. At least that's how I understand things. Good luck.
            Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
            Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
            Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
            ---
            All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X