Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advance Parole ? how to fill out for family visit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Parole ? how to fill out for family visit?

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around on the forum for some time now and I've found answers to a lot of my questions. THANK YOU! I now have a more specific question that I haven't been able to find an answer to yet (forgive me if I just didn't look hard enough).

I've seen several people on various forums including this one saying that they have traveled on advance parole to visit family, go on holidays and honeymoons, attend weddings etc. I'm about to submit my I485 AOS (marriage based) and I'm hoping to obtain advance travel parole to visit my family and attend my best friend's wedding this summer ? no emergencies, no work etc... basically I just know that I will go absolutely crazy if I'm not able to go to my home country and see my friends and family there for a long, long time.

So, it seems to me that it's possible to obtain an AP on these grounds but HOW do I fill out the form? What box do I tick? Is my reason for traveling humanitarian or...? What supporting documentation do I submit if my reason to travel is visiting friends and relatives?
    I have read several times that I-485 applicants usually are approved for AP automatically but obviously I want to fill out the papers as carefully as possible and not rely on this. My friend's wedding is mid-July so I'm not taking any chances.

(I know very well that one should be very careful when traveling on AP but one thing at a time)

Thank you! <3

Originally posted by KiwiL View Post
    So, it seems to me that it's possible to obtain an AP on these grounds but HOW do I fill out the form? What box do I tick? Is my reason for traveling humanitarian or...? What supporting documentation do I submit if my reason to travel is visiting friends and relatives?
    I have read several times that I-485 applicants usually are approved for AP automatically but obviously I want to fill out the papers as carefully as possible and not rely on this. My friend's wedding is mid-July so I'm not taking any chances.

(I know very well that one should be very careful when traveling on AP but one thing at a time)

Thank you! <3
    Not sure which box you are asking about. Application Type (Part 2) would be 1.d. "I am applying for an Advance Parole Document to allow me to return to the United States after temporary foreign travel." You shouldn't need to provide any "reason" for any other part of the form.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

As you are applying without an expedite request, you shouldn't need to provide any documentation. I think they do those boxes to cover everyone as so many different types are applying for it. But it sounds like you're just applying for it with the AOS routinely. I would say though, that if your friend's wedding is in July, that is really pushing it. AP's are taking 4-6 months, with most people I know recently receiving theirs between 5 and 5.5 months, so it is really cutting it fine if you haven't submitted your AOS yet. Currently they are processing people who applied on 19th August 2018. I wouldn't book any flights yet, just in case, and honestly, please don't get your hopes up that you'll be able to attend your friend's wedding. I was hopeful I'd be able to return to my home country for Christmas and I wasn't able, January I wasn't able, and I am still waiting
      For what it's worth though, I COMPLETELY understand how you're feeling. I have been itching for months to go back to my home country. It is really really tough

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X