EAD Expedite Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Expedite Experience

Married in July 2018. Old EAD expired in Oct 2018, hence no work. At the same time, my husband gets laid off and is doing contracting gigs a few days a week. We are surviving on our savings at the moment and patiently waiting for my application to go through.

Nov 3rd, 2018- Sent out forms I-765, I-130/130a, I-131, I-485 (San Jose location. Marriage based GC. Self application)
    Nov 8th, 2018- Received all receipt numbers and notification of deliveries.
    Nov 15th, 2018- I-485 form update-"We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case."

Nov 16th, 2018- I-765 notice in the mail- Fingerprint appointment on Dec 3rd, 2018. I deposited fingerprints on Nov 27th instead.
    Dec 19th, 2018- I-485 update- We completed our review of your fingerprints and are continuing to work on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

In the meantime, I'm applying to zillion places and interviewing with companies.

March 1st, 2019- Finally, get an offer in San Diego- reporting date is March 18th (!!!) After much research I call USCIS customer service and request an expedite for EAD based on financial loss. Lady sets it up and tells me I'll get a response within 5 days. If I don't then I should call them back.

March 2nd, 2019- I-765 form update- On March 2, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1F YYYY YYYY XXMSC.. I check my email and it asks me to fax supporting documents that justify my financial loss@ ZZZ-ZZZ-ZZZ, Attn: LAZZZ, DivX TmX.

March 4th,2019- I faxed (UPS) my bank statements, credit bills, car loan, rent bill, a cover letter explaining that everything rides on this new job.
    March 5th, 2019- I-765 form update- On March 5, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1F YYYY YYYY XXMSC, was assigned to an officer for a response.

Super impatient at this point and I'm worried sick if my documents were delivered or not.

March 6th, 2019- So I call Ombudsman and the sweet guy tells me to fill this form https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx. So I filled it out and mentioned that I wasn't sure if USCIS got my faxed documents. I also attached the same files that I had taxed USCIS earlier. I immediately get an email from Ombudsman saying they'll check my submission and figure out how to assist me.

March 8th,2019- I-765 form update- On March 8, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1F YYYY YYYY XXMSC. I check my email and it said The status of this service request is:

We received your documents in support of your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly.

The next status update said On March 8, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1F YYYY YYYY XXMSC, was completed.

My plan on March 11th, 2019 is to ask my future employers to extend the joining date. And also reach out to congresswoman/man for support.

Please feel free to ask questions and I appreciate all the suggestions! Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by frustrated_duck; 03-10-2019, 02:11 PM.

Good luck, I hope you get your EAD soon and your husband find a good job.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I forgot to add :

Nov 30th,2018- my I-693 form that was printed by the clinic was outdated. I got a mail asking me to get an updated one filled and bring it only during the interview appointment and to not mail it prior.

Comment

Update on present situation

No update from USCIS on expediting my case- still under review.

The congresswoman rep reached out and asked me to put together all documents and a cover letter explaining why I qualify for the expedite. She also said, if I get rejected on getting my card expedited, it won't delay the normal processing time of the EAD card. In the meantime, I asked my employer to push my start date- haven't heard from them yet.

Comment

Hello everyone!

My card is finally being produced! It took the expedite to go through in 2.5 weeks. But I guess by contacting the Ombudsman and my local congresswoman also helped a lot. Luckily, my employer pushed the start date and I hope I get the card in time.

Is there an option to ship the card overnight? OR how long does it take to receive the card?

Comment

Originally posted by frustrated_duck View Post
            Hello everyone!

My card is finally being produced! It took the expedite to go through in 2.5 weeks. But I guess by contacting the Ombudsman and my local congresswoman also helped a lot. Luckily, my employer pushed the start date and I hope I get the card in time.

Is there an option to ship the card overnight? OR how long does it take to receive the card?
            From what I read, usually takes around 7 business days from being produced to delivered. Haven't read about an overnight option.
            Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
            Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
            Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
            ---
            All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Mine came in 6 days (this included a weekend)

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

From what I read, usually takes around 7 business days from being produced to delivered. Haven't read about an overnight option.
                Gotcha, thanks for replying!

Comment

Originally posted by has1727 View Post
                  Mine came in 6 days (this included a weekend)
                  Sounds good!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X