Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel document

Hi,
    How long it'll take time to receive travel document after applying for G.C with advance parole
    Thanks

Advance Parole

Have you receive your AP yet? I applied for it since August and haven't receive any answer yet, this is really frustrating, I feel like I am stock here I can't do anything and I really wanted to visit my parents for christmas which can not be possible.

So, Do you know how long does it takes? How many procedures do we have to get through it?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Glo
      Have you receive your AP yet? I applied for it since August and haven't receive any answer yet, this is really frustrating, I feel like I am stock here I can't do anything and I really wanted to visit my parents for christmas which can not be possible.

So, Do you know how long does it takes? How many procedures do we have to get through it?

Thanks.
      Look at the receipt and see the processing time. If its outside the given time frame, make an appt with infopass and they might give you an expidited one. But usually it takes around 60 days. What does the online status says?

Comment

Advance Parole

I'm getting tired on checking with the receipt number on the USCIS Home page, it says in process, we receive the last week another letter asking for more money, so we don't know how long does that take and it's really frustating.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Glo
          I'm getting tired on checking with the receipt number on the USCIS Home page, it says in process, we receive the last week another letter asking for more money, so we don't know how long does that take and it's really frustating.

Thanks.

I dont understand............asking for more money? USCIS doesnt do that.
          If the check is not correct when you send it, they send it back with the form within a few days. They dont keep it and ask for more money after afew months. .....what youre saying ?

Comment

Travel Document

They sent me another processing fee bill that says: There is one Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill for each traveling applicant. Please pay the exact amount of $380.00 Dollars. And we already sent on August the payment for the AP. So, I really don't know. Besides I checked yesterday on the home page my case status and it says that on December 6th they sent me by mail another request for more evidence and/or information for my advance parole application. So I only understand that as BUROCRACY. I am getting really tired, I really wanted to go to my born country to get done some pending stuff and visit my family, I don't know anybody here and my husband is working as crazy a lot of overtime because I can't do anything, and this is really frustrating, I only repeat to myself that I have to be patient, but I am getting tired of that too. My work application is pending too, because they request again for more info or evidence, and that was copies of my I-94, passport, and passport pictures, so I have to wait again. Do you know why they do that? How long do I have to wait. I really need to start doing something. Just being in the house it's not for me I really need to get my life back.

Thanks so much.

Glo.
            Last edited by Glo; 12-08-2006, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glo
              They sent me another processing fee bill that says: There is one Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill for each traveling applicant. Please pay the exact amount of $380.00 Dollars. And we already sent on August the payment for the AP. So, I really don't know. Besides I checked yesterday on the home page my case status and it says that on December 6th they sent me by mail another request for more evidence and/or information for my advance parole application. So I only understand that as BUROCRACY. I am getting really tired, I really wanted to go to my born country to get done some pending stuff and visit my family, I don't know anybody here and my husband is working as crazy a lot of overtime because I can't do anything, and this is really frustrating, I only repeat to myself that I have to be patient, but I am getting tired of that too. My work application is pending too, because they request again for more info or evidence, and that was copies of my I-94, passport, and passport pictures, so I have to wait again. Do you know why they do that? How long do I have to wait. I really need to start doing something. Just being in the house it's not for me I really need to get my life back.

Thanks so much.

Glo.

Truthfully, Im even more confused now by your response. Well before I get into that, the $380.00 fee bill request has nothing to do with AP. However why Im confused is this: Youre only eligible for and require AP if you have a pending AOS (I-485) application. If you have a pending I-485, then why would they send you a fee bill? A fee bill is only for people doing consular processing outside the US. Do you have a child livng outside who will go to the Embassy for consular processing? ......because if its for you, then why do you need AP? If you do not have a I-485 pending, then youre free to leave and reenter if you have a valid visa.

O.k on the AP issue, you havent received it because they do not have all the requested/required information. As the status check told you, they have sent another request for additional information which you will have to comply with. AP usually are granted within 60 days, 90 at the max, so I think there are some htings missing from your file.

Did you file a I-130, I-485, I-765 ( work authorization) and I-131( advance parole) together?........if you did, then you were required to send your birth certificate, marriage certificate, I-194, copy of passport and pictures for each application. That's pretty standard for everyone. The I-94 is to prove that you entered how and when you said you did and the pictures appears on your card. I know its frustrating but its really not a complicated process . However, unless you fully understand the different forms and process , it can seem overwhelming and its in those cases, I advise people to use an attorney.

Comment

I know, we filed everything and we are really following every step they ask us for. I have told that If I leave the country it's like If I were giving up the chance, so I will lose all the immigration work that we have done. I know it sounds weird but that's the things we have been asked for and we have been approved for the I-130 and the rest looks to go in a very good way, it's just that it seems to take for ever and every time we think we are almost there something else pops.

My visa is a visitor one so it's imposible to get in and out again in that status. I have no children yet.

Thanks for all your advices, I really appreciate them.

Glo
                Last edited by Glo; 12-08-2006, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glo
                  I know, we filed everything and we are really following every step they ask us for. I have told that If I leave the country it's like If I were giving up the chance, so I will lose all the immigration work that we have done. I know it sounds weird but that's the things we have been asked for and we have been approved for the I-130 and the rest looks to go in a very good way, it's just that it seems to take for ever and every time we think we are almost there something else pops.

My visa is a visitor one so it's imposible to get in and out again in that status. I have no children yet.

Thanks for all your advices, I really appreciate them.

Glo
                  You cannot have a I-485 pending AND get a fee bill too. Its either one or the other. So what forms did you file? Did you file a I-485?

Comment

Hi,

It's funny now that I read your lines, it's been a lot since the last week, I still have the 380 fee bill (that I really don't understand) plus I received on Saturday another letter asking for more evidence for the advance parole, and when I started trying to put everything together I noticed that my husband didn't send the I-485, so I sent it that day overnighting it. And I knew something was going to affect that, and it's true, yesterday afternoon I received another letter from immigration with the denial of my EAD. They say I can't work at least not right now, because the evidence was insuficient. What do you think? I think it is because of the I-485. What can you tell me about? I sent that this week (thank God it was before my I-94 Expires!!!!). Do you think that I need to wait to get the receipt of the I-485 and try to apply again for my EAD. I really need some help. And the problem is that I was really hoping to start working that would help us to hire an attorney (which we can not afford right now)

I really appreciate your advice.

Glo.

Comment

Originally posted by Glo
                      Hi,

It's funny now that I read your lines, it's been a lot since the last week, I still have the 380 fee bill (that I really don't understand) plus I received on Saturday another letter asking for more evidence for the advance parole, and when I started trying to put everything together I noticed that my husband didn't send the I-485, so I sent it that day overnighting it. And I knew something was going to affect that, and it's true, yesterday afternoon I received another letter from immigration with the denial of my EAD. They say I can't work at least not right now, because the evidence was insuficient. What do you think? I think it is because of the I-485. What can you tell me about? I sent that this week (thank God it was before my I-94 Expires!!!!). Do you think that I need to wait to get the receipt of the I-485 and try to apply again for my EAD. I really need some help. And the problem is that I was really hoping to start working that would help us to hire an attorney (which we can not afford right now)

I really appreciate your advice.

Glo.

Well now it makes sense. You got the fee bill because you were heading for consualr processing. if you file an I-130 and no I-485 or are not eligible for a I-485, then you must go overseas to get the immigrant Visa. Thats what the fee bill is for. Your EAD was denied because youre only eligible if you have a pending I-485 and thats the case for the AP too. I dont know if your AP will also be denied. However because you had not filed a I-485 you could have left and returned on your visitor's visa. Now that you have a pending I-485 however, you must wait on the AP approval before you leave.

Refile the application for the I-765. Unfortunately, you'll have to pay the fee again and redo the fingerprints and wait the 60-90 days. If you can wait on the receipt of the I-485 but you dont have to...you should ahve sent the I-485 and I-765 together.

Comment

Thanks for all your words.

I was thinking that I should have the receipt of the I-485 form in order to file again the I-765, that way I will have all the evidence that is required. Also I need that because they asked me for evidence of my advance parole. I sent that file this past Monday to the local homeland... so I hope the receipt will be soon. So, about the fee bill, What do you suggest I have to do? I haven't sent that money yet.

Do you think, that once I have the receipt and send again the form for the EAD, it will be easier to obtain it, I really want to work and help my husband, besides that will help me to get my life again.

Again, thanks so much for all your help and support.

Glo

Comment

Originally posted by Glo
                          Thanks for all your words.

I was thinking that I should have the receipt of the I-485 form in order to file again the I-765, that way I will have all the evidence that is required. Also I need that because they asked me for evidence of my advance parole. I sent that file this past Monday to the local homeland... so I hope the receipt will be soon. So, about the fee bill, What do you suggest I have to do? I haven't sent that money yet.

Do you think, that once I have the receipt and send again the form for the EAD, it will be easier to obtain it, I really want to work and help my husband, besides that will help me to get my life again.

Again, thanks so much for all your help and support.

Glo

No, you dont need the fee bill now since you have filed the I-485.
                          Because your process already has some confusion, its in your best interest to ensure that every document that you send, you copy it and send it via certified mail .
                          Once you file the I-765, yes youll get it within 3 months.

Comment

Thanks, and as a matter the fact I am taking copies of everything now on. I will wait for the I-485 receipt and with that in my hand I will send again the EAD and send the evidence they required me for the AP that way they can not deny it. So, Do you think that I should keep the fee bill and do not send it right?

Glo

Comment

Originally posted by Glo
                              Thanks, and as a matter the fact I am taking copies of everything now on. I will wait for the I-485 receipt and with that in my hand I will send again the EAD and send the evidence they required me for the AP that way they can not deny it. So, Do you think that I should keep the fee bill and do not send it right?

Glo

yes, do not send the fee bill because you will not be doing consualr processing. That should be enough to be extra safe, why not write them a short letter explainin that youre an applicant for adjustment of status and so so do not require a fee bill and are returning it. That short and that simple. Copy and send via certified mail, just in case

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X