Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Card Received but case reopened

Hi GC Gurus,

I was wondering if anyone has the situation that i am seeing now with my EAD.

My EAD case got one RFE for a copy of a passport and an I-94 and then got approved. Online status said that card has been issued and mailed. The very next day the status changed to this :

"We reopened this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION on December 11, 2006, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process."

After one week of the approval, i received the EAD card and lawyer received the approval notice.

After few days, i received another notice saying the same thing as mentioned above.

Does my EAD is still valid, although they have reopend this case ?

Here is some background info:

EB2 GC
    PD: 06/06
    LC Approved: 07/06
    Concurrent Filing Date 140 and 485 : 9/06
    LUD on 140 and 485: 10/06
    AP/EAD RFE received/filed : 11/06
    EAD approved: 12/11/06
    EAD case reopened: 12/12/06

Although, Wife got bot EAD/AP in 10/06.

Any advise or comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by mskikoko
    Hi GC Gurus,

I was wondering if anyone has the situation that i am seeing now with my EAD.

My EAD case got one RFE for a copy of a passport and an I-94 and then got approved. Online status said that card has been issued and mailed. The very next day the status changed to this :

"We reopened this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION on December 11, 2006, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process."

After one week of the approval, i received the EAD card and lawyer received the approval notice.

After few days, i received another notice saying the same thing as mentioned above.

Does my EAD is still valid, although they have reopend this case ?

Here is some background info:

EB2 GC
    PD: 06/06
    LC Approved: 07/06
    Concurrent Filing Date 140 and 485 : 9/06
    LUD on 140 and 485: 10/06
    AP/EAD RFE received/filed : 11/06
    EAD approved: 12/11/06
    EAD case reopened: 12/12/06

Although, Wife got bot EAD/AP in 10/06.

Any advise or comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Until they revoke the appoval, its valid

Comment

Originally posted by curiousone
      Until they revoke the appoval, its valid
      Thanks for the response.

Usually how they revoke ?

Comment

Originally posted by mskikoko
        Thanks for the response.

Usually how they revoke ?

I dont know as Ive never heard of a case like this. But in revocation case, I assume they would write you with a letter of intent to revoke and givve you an opportunity to respond. Do you know what would make them review their decision?

Comment

Originally posted by curiousone
          I dont know as Ive never heard of a case like this. But in revocation case, I assume they would write you with a letter of intent to revoke and givve you an opportunity to respond. Do you know what would make them review their decision?
          That's the thing. The notice i have received doesn't say anything that why this thing happened except saying that case has been reopened and reviewing our earlier decision.

Comment

My aos is pendind, had interview in may 2018, no decision, i renew my ead and last week my case status change card is in production and now its change again case was reopen for reconsideration, can anybody help me and tell me what that mean, i m really scared

Comment

Originally posted by Yajsoni View Post
              My aos is pendind, had interview in may 2018, no decision, i renew my ead and last week my case status change card is in production and now its change again case was reopen for reconsideration, can anybody help me and tell me what that mean, i m really scared
              I check other people's experience. somebody experience it due to uscis system problems. any update with your case status? if changed to approved, then nothing need worry about. good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X