Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immigration and Visa Tracker

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Immigration and Visa Tracker

    We have launched immigration and visa tracker at www.immihelp.com/tracker

    You can track your EAD/Paorle application and every stage of greenard at www.immihelp.com/tracker

    Everyone is encouraged to make use of it.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

  • #2
    why is thr an error message? =/

    Comment


    • #3
      Ead for l2 holder

      hi
      I CAME ACROSS A WEB SITE THAT MENTIONED THAT L2 HOLDERS WHO HAVE PROOF OF MARRIEGE NEED NOT APPLY FOR EAD . I AM LOOKING FOR A JOB AND WANTED TO KNO IF THIS IS TRUE OR DO I HAVE TO APPLY FOR THE EAD THE WEBSITE IS:


      PLEASE HELP!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Work on L2

        As per my knowledge if u have L2 visa u dont need EAD to do job ... my friend was on L2 n she use to work thats how I know... All the Best

        Comment


        • #5
          work permit for l2

          hi
          Thanks for the reply. Is this true if we come on l2 visa there is no need of applying for an EAD. But working without an EAD is legally ok. I have applied for the SSN also n am browsing sites to apply for an EAD. can u please clear me regarding this issue plz its importanat.

          Thanks & regards
          Neelima
          Last edited by neelimavardhanapu; 06-08-2010, 02:23 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            As per my knowledge, you need to have EAD in order to work here in US.
            HTH

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by neelimavardhanapu View Post
              hi
              Thanks for the reply. Is this true if we come on l2 visa there is no need of applying for an EAD. But working without an EAD is legally ok. I have applied for the SSN also n am browsing sites to apply for an EAD. can u please clear me regarding this issue plz its importanat.

              Thanks & regards
              Neelima
              You have to have a EAD before you apply for a job. L2 visa allowing to work but without EAD its unlawful to work. EAD is meant for employment authorization...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SBR1 View Post
                You have to have a EAD before you apply for a job. L2 visa allowing to work but without EAD its unlawful to work. EAD is meant for employment authorization...
                Out of curiosity....How does the govt know if we are working without EAD?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Immigration Tracker

                  Hi, I've just made a new entry into this tracker. What does this mean? What purpose does this serve? Is someone going to update the status of our pending application?

                  Thanks!

                  Vidya


                  Originally posted by immihelp View Post
                  We have launched immigration and visa tracker at www.immihelp.com/tracker

                  You can track your EAD/Paorle application and every stage of greenard at www.immihelp.com/tracker

                  Everyone is encouraged to make use of it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pending

                    EAD filed w/ marriage based I-485
                    Received: Aug 07
                    Last update: Aug 18
                    Biometrics: Sept 05
                    First SR: Nov. 8 (not assigned)

                    I have been married to my husband for 3 years and we are both in the states. I am on my student VISA.

                    Going crazy waiting for this!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      OMG, similar situation.
                      Been married for about 3 years.
                      Still no EAD approval based on I485.
                      My husband has multiple job offers but can't work.
                      Is this some sort of trend that we need to investigate into?







                      Originally posted by xiaochen View Post
                      EAD filed w/ marriage based I-485
                      Received: Aug 07
                      Last update: Aug 18
                      Biometrics: Sept 05
                      First SR: Nov. 8 (not assigned)

                      I have been married to my husband for 3 years and we are both in the states. I am on my student VISA.

                      Going crazy waiting for this!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wanttoknowmore View Post
                        Out of curiosity....How does the govt know if we are working without EAD?
                        If you are on the company's payroll and you receive check or direct deposit, that information is linked with your SSN and the government can access that.

                        If you get paid in personal checks and your employer sends you forms to file for taxes, that could be another way.

                        If you're getting paid in cash, the government can't track that. But those jobs are limited and usually shady. I wouldn't advise to take them.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X