Changing jobs after getting EAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing jobs after getting EAD

I would like to know if we can change jobs after 180 days since filing for 485 and having an approved EAD.

1. If so is there any restriction if the new company has to be in the same state ( or under the same service center ) as where the 485 was filed? Like if I originally filed in texas and now can i work in chicago?

2. if answer to the previous question is yes, do we need to have the paperwork moved from the old service center to the new one? or do we just wait for the final green card approval to come from the original service center?

any information will be useful

EAD and changing jobs

Hello

This AC21 portability clause is not very clear on these kind of questions. Attorneys are also not sure about these. I am also in the same situation but I saw in one web site that as long as you are in the same job skill set as that of your original Labor certification was saying, You will be fine but they are not categorical to say change of State is OK. But I moved from California to Michigan.

Does anyone in this similar situation and have any idea of how this will turn out to be?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X