Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long it takes to get the reciept.

Hi immihelp,
    I will be applying for 485 on 15th aug with AP and EAD.
    1. How long it takes to get the reciept.(to get Parole Visa)
    I have to go to India in September and my visa has expired.

Which service center did you apply at ?
    For VSC, it takes 3-4 weeks to get I-485
    receipt notice. Almost 3 months to get
    EAD and AP.

If you have I-485 receipt notice, you can
    apply for parole at your local INS office
    in person.

Comment

Thanks immihelp.
      I applied in vsc.

Comment

At VSC, it is taking more than 8 weeks currently. I applied on June 19th and still haven't recvd the receipt yet. AP will take even longer after that.

Comment

We applied in VSC. We applied around June third week. Received the reciept in two weeks. And appoitment for fingerprinting in six weeks.

Comment

Does anyone know how long is it taking to recevie "receipt notice" from CSC, I applied for AOS+EAD+AP on May 15th and have not yet received the "receipt notice". Has anyone applied before or after this date received their receipt

Comment

Shivdeepa, pls call the CSC number that you find in US INS web site and confirm the receipt of your application. In the past I did not receive the "receipt" and after waiting for a long time and repeated calls to the 800 number I realized that they lost my application and I had to re-apply. Infact the officer at the 800 number gave me the suggestion to re-apply. I also wrote to my local senator and did not help. In the meantime INS increased their fee also. If you need to go to your local office, pls do so.

Again talk to your friends in your area. I'm talking about VSC. If you do not receive "receipt" withing 90 days I would be concerned.

Comment

I could not find 800 number for VSC. Can somebody post it here please?
                Thanks.

Comment

Vermont Service Center 802-527-4913

Thanks SNR, I have been really concerned since its over 90 days now. I was planning to go to the local INS office, but since I don't have the receipt number I am not sure what approach I have to take, suggestions welcomed

Comment

I took my postal confirmation receipt to INS. There was no trace that my application has been entered into computer. The step 1 is to stamp it and send it to the data entry department. So like I said before I applied again and closely followed it. Although I had to pay twice (my earlier check was cashed), I'm happy that my second application was in the computer to track.

By going to INS, and talking to the supervisor ( i waited extra two hours to meet the supervisor after getting to the inside counter, apart from waiting in the line since 6 am) you will have real idea what to do. If you have your cashed check take it with you. I did not have cashed check hence paid again.

Comment

Thanks for all the above information. I recvd my receipt today. It took more than 60 days since applied. My lawyer had applied for AP and EID with the AOS application. Does anybody know how long will it take before I receive AP? Can I take the receipt to the local INS office and get the AP instead of waiting?
                      Thanks again.

Comment

Hi,
                        I sent out my I-485 application package on June 12 which was received on June 13 (I called FedEx and got all these information).

When I called VSC recently, INS told me they did not have it. I told them the name of the person who signed package; I gave them the tracking number; they simply refused to do any thing.

Some officials told me to wait for a week, some said to wait for a month, some said to reapply.......

Any experiences or advices will be highly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is 28 of August, still no clue from VSC......

Comment

Well here's the story, I called CSC office, they plainly refuse to give any information without a receipt number. I told them that it is well over 90 days and all they have to say is everything is backlogged and the receipt notice should be on its way.
                          The lawyers handling the process think that I should wait and I am concerned that INS may possibly have lost the application. Also since the the lawyers office pay from the corporate account I don't have the cheque number.

Since I don't live in CA can I go to the local INS office, show the Fedex number ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X