Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD got lost in the mail What to do?

Hi,
    Mine and my husbands EAD was approved. Both were mailed on Nov 2nd. my husband received it but not me. I called the number on the receipt and they said it was mailed on nov 2nd and to contact a customer service representative during the office hours if not received in 14 days. But during the office hours I always get an engage tone for their phone line. What can I do. How else to contact them? Please help. thx in advance

Get the fax # of the service center and sent them a letter detailing the issue. They should get back to you or mail it out.

Comment

If you need the EAD card soon, go to the INS office with jurisdiction in your area with:

old EAD application, including receipt notice
      new application stating EAD is lost
      two photographs (right-ear type)
      filing fee for $100
      passport and ID

You will have to stand in line all morning at many of the INS offices, and it costs $100, but it's faster than waiting for the card to be re-sent.

If you're in no hurry, previous posting is absolutely correct. Try calling the 1-800 number on your receipt number, and they should be able to give you the fax number (without giving a busy signal all day).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X