Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel - Outdated H1 Stamping Valid EAD & AP

Friends,

I am planning to visit Niagara Falls and am wondering if it would be possible to cross over to Canada and get back to USA. If yes, how?

My H1B approval notice is valid until 2009 but H1B Visa Stamp on the passport is expired.

I do have a valid EAD and advance parole expiring end of 2008. Pending 140 Approval.

Can I visit Canada and get back on EAD? Or is it rather recommended to do H1B stamping? Or else better not to go out of USA?

Appreciate any thoughts.

You can enter using AP if it is valid but you will be a parolee and not remain on H1b status which is risky as your I140 is not approved. There is no status called EAD and EAD cannot be used for re-entry.

You have to evaluate if the view of the Niagara from the Canadian side is worth the risk of your career while you can still see it the same way from the Maid in the Mist.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you!

Your response puts things in perspectives. Niagara can wait... Thanks again!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X