Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatic Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Extension - Who qualifies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Extension - Who qualifies?

Not sure if anyone can advise, but thought I'd ask just in case. I feel like I already know that the answer is no (but again, I'll ask anyway!).

I got my NOA today for the I-765 and it mentioned the 180 days extension of EAD. I'm on F1 STEM OPT which expires in July 2019. I'm adjusting my status so now I'm applying for a new EAD under (c)9 so I'm guessing that I wouldn't qualify because it's not a renewal (different category). I was hoping it was the case because I've been with my employer for several years and would be a shame to lose my job since processing times are 5-7 months for EADs right now. I don't qualify for EAD expedite under financial hardship because of my husband's income being able to support us both (which of course we are thankful but would be nice for me not to lose my job I've worked hard at over the years).

This is what I'm referring to: https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-ead-extension

Thanks everyone.

Because your current EAD is not C09 it doesn't qualify for 180 day extension, I'm sorry. I hope you get your new EAD or GC before your current one expires.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by emanuser View Post
      Not sure if anyone can advise, but thought I'd ask just in case. I feel like I already know that the answer is no (but again, I'll ask anyway!).

I got my NOA today for the I-765 and it mentioned the 180 days extension of EAD. I'm on F1 STEM OPT which expires in July 2019. I'm adjusting my status so now I'm applying for a new EAD under (c)9 so I'm guessing that I wouldn't qualify because it's not a renewal (different category). I was hoping it was the case because I've been with my employer for several years and would be a shame to lose my job since processing times are 5-7 months for EADs right now. I don't qualify for EAD expedite under financial hardship because of my husband's income being able to support us both (which of course we are thankful but would be nice for me not to lose my job I've worked hard at over the years).

This is what I'm referring to: https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-ead-extension

Thanks everyone.
      emanuser - Even I am in the same situation as yours. I am on STEM OPT and my STEM expires in July 2019. I have the same PD as yours. In which state you are ?

Comment

Originally posted by VF123 View Post

emanuser - Even I am in the same situation as yours. I am on STEM OPT and my STEM expires in July 2019. I have the same PD as yours. In which state you are ?
        Hi! I'm in California.

Comment

Originally posted by emanuser View Post

Hi! I'm in California.
          emanuser - Cool, I am from Washington DC

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X