Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside of processing time for my EAD card (through I485)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside of processing time for my EAD card (through I485)

Hi,

I filed my EAD application through under I485 condition. My application has been outside of processing time for more than 3 months. Every time I called in and talked to immigration officer, they told me to wait until the decision would be made. I told them my application has been outside of processing time, and I filed the request for three time. I have not heard any responses back from the office. My i797 notice mentioned I could use my expired card for 180 days (which would be until April 12th), and they told me they could not control it. My local office is in San Francisco and my Receipt number: MSC189 YYYY XX. My employer have called me recently and asked about the update of the new EAD. I am kinda panic and worried that I might get terminated.

Anyone reads my post please comment all the suggestions. I really appreciate your time

I'm sorry. Try submitting request through this form and see if you get more info?

I'm sure you may have already tried checking through the outside normal processing times option (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/dis...oPageType=onpt)

Comment

Hi, WE are in the same boat. My husband's (applicant) EAD card expired in late October and he filed for a renewal in late August. Still have not received the card, and we have called USCIS multiple times in order to get information but they never know anything. Last time we called they told us that the service request was filed to the wrong office. Our local office is also San Francisco,CA. We have our interview scheduled on April 5 so hopefully it will all be fine.
      I just think the SF office is very slow right now. Good luck!

Comment

If I were you I would get an Infopass and go and talk to them.

Comment

Did you try expedite? I am on the same boat and outside normal processing time

Comment

USCIS will process the card faster if it's outside the normal processing times. Call USCIS and ask to Expedite the card. You will get an email within 5 days with Fax information- you have to send all documents that support the reason to expedite. After that, within 2 weeks you should have an answer. While this is going on it's best to go for an infopass appointment too. Takes Ombudsman's help as well.

Comment

Have any of you heard anything back. I’m also San Francisco, but applying for the 1st time. I applied October 24th marriage based.
              GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
              October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
              november 21st - fingerprints taken
              march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
              may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
              june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
              june 13- new card in production

Comment

I applied Augost 20 still nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina1977 View Post
                  Have any of you heard anything back. I’m also San Francisco, but applying for the 1st time. I applied October 24th marriage based.
                  did you get an interview?

Comment

I just got word this morning that my interview has been scheduled
                    GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
                    October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
                    november 21st - fingerprints taken
                    march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
                    may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
                    june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
                    june 13- new card in production

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X