Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 months & No Case Status Updates in USCIS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6 months & No Case Status Updates in USCIS

    Hi All,

    I am waiting patiently for my EAD to arrive. currently in the U.S on an E2 visa but transferring to a Green Card so that I can change employers. I am in the US with my wife and 2 children and believe the process is going through the NBC.

    I have my brothers wedding in the UK on the 13th of July so time is running out and the online USCIS website is providing limited information.

    Timeline as follows:

    PERM Process Complete November 2018
    I-765 Submitted Dec 12th 2018, Case Received Dec 13th 2018
    I-485 Submitted Dec 12th 2018, Case Received 13th December 2018, Fingerprint fee received December 13th
    We completed Biometrics on the 31st of December 2018, but this doesn't show on my online timeline
    I-131 Submitted 12th December, Case Received 13th December
    I-485 J Submitted 2nd January, Fees were waved 2nd January (letter quotes Receipt Date of 5th December 2018)

    Attorney submitted an Expedite Request on the 4th of June 19 and was told we would know if this request was successful "in around 5 days" however, given that I don't meet any of the grounds for Expediting I am not hopeful. We have a Service Request number but this SR does not show on my USCIS online account.

    Questions I have,
    Why is my online timeline not updating to show "fingerprints accepted", "Ready for Interview" etc as per many others have reported? last date I have for all above is 2nd January 2019.
    Any reason why the Service Request is not showing on my online account - again, I have read many others stating that their request shows in the online account "awaiting case officer to be assigned" etc
    Anybody with a similar timeline / experience?
    current estimate for processing is 6.5 - 8 months, is this from 5th or 12th Dec 2018 or Jan 2nd 2019?

    All comments, feedback / advise very much appreciated.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Superdarts View Post
    Hi All,

    I am waiting patiently for my EAD to arrive. currently in the U.S on an E2 visa but transferring to a Green Card so that I can change employers. I am in the US with my wife and 2 children and believe the process is going through the NBC.

    I have my brothers wedding in the UK on the 13th of July so time is running out and the online USCIS website is providing limited information.

    Timeline as follows:

    PERM Process Complete November 2018
    I-765 Submitted Dec 12th 2018, Case Received Dec 13th 2018
    I-485 Submitted Dec 12th 2018, Case Received 13th December 2018, Fingerprint fee received December 13th
    We completed Biometrics on the 31st of December 2018, but this doesn't show on my online timeline
    I-131 Submitted 12th December, Case Received 13th December
    I-485 J Submitted 2nd January, Fees were waved 2nd January (letter quotes Receipt Date of 5th December 2018)

    Attorney submitted an Expedite Request on the 4th of June 19 and was told we would know if this request was successful "in around 5 days" however, given that I don't meet any of the grounds for Expediting I am not hopeful. We have a Service Request number but this SR does not show on my USCIS online account.

    Questions I have,
    Why is my online timeline not updating to show "fingerprints accepted", "Ready for Interview" etc as per many others have reported? last date I have for all above is 2nd January 2019.
    Any reason why the Service Request is not showing on my online account - again, I have read many others stating that their request shows in the online account "awaiting case officer to be assigned" etc
    Anybody with a similar timeline / experience?
    current estimate for processing is 6.5 - 8 months, is this from 5th or 12th Dec 2018 or Jan 2nd 2019?

    All comments, feedback / advise very much appreciated.
    I’m in the same boat, my sister is getting married in August I even have flights booked. (Northern Ireland) . I have asked my sister to send us an invite and a letter saying how important that it is that we attend. I personally think we do meet the criteria. It’s important that we are there for a family now when they are alive and this is a significant life event for my sister (ur brother). I’m going to try and sell this way anyway. I’m going to write a letter this weekend and send it off. All I can do is try.

    As for your status not changing, I would be ringing and make sure u talk to a tier 2 it should at least be ready for interview. My fingerprints say fee received it has never said fingerprints completed. I think some workers just don’t bother updating the system but it’s best to make sure
    Last edited by Sabrina1977; 06-06-2019, 08:10 PM.
    GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
    October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
    november 21st - fingerprints taken
    march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
    may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
    june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
    june 13- new card in production

    Comment


    • #3
      Attorney called today to tell me to write a letter, attach flights and include the wedding invite, we will send that on Monday. I can’t see how this fits in any of the categories for an Expedite Request but it’s our last hope given the timeframe.

      Still baffled / worried by the fact that I have no updates on my USCIS account.

      Loosing hope fast here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well unfortunately, combo card takes about 6-8months now. Even if you call them, they might just say that it is still under the normal processing time. I got my first combo card last year, 6 months after sending it out. And that time the processing time was about 4-6 months.

        best of luck mate.
        B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
        FO SanFrancisco

        3/30/18 PD
        4/20/18 Received 4 letters
        5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
        5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
        9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
        9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
        9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
        9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
        9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
        2/17/19 Traveled abroad
        3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
        3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Superdarts View Post
          Attorney called today to tell me to write a letter, attach flights and include the wedding invite, we will send that on Monday. I can’t see how this fits in any of the categories for an Expedite Request but it’s our last hope given the timeframe.

          Still baffled / worried by the fact that I have no updates on my USCIS account.

          Loosing hope fast here.
          I would put it under humanitarian reason, say u are very close to your brother. Get him to write as well, worth a try
          GC applied due to marriage to a USC, live in SFO
          October 24th 2018. - case received at NBC
          november 21st - fingerprints taken
          march 11th - case ready to schedule interview. Still saying fee for finger prints received
          may 7th - I notified USCIS that my EAD and AP are out side normal processing times. (No reply)
          june 12th - expatiated my case due to needing to travel home to my sisters wedding
          june 13- new card in production

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sabrina1977 View Post

            I would put it under humanitarian reason, say u are very close to your brother. Get him to write as well, worth a try
            My mother is ill. She is not in bed or anything, but I am so worried, God forbid something happens, I have been trying to get my Ap since july last year.
            I am so sad and hopeless.
            Salt Lake City-UT
            07/24/18- Documents received
            11/16- I-485,765 and 131rejected
            12/22- New I-485, 765 and 131 sent
            12/27- Documents delivered at 10 am (UPS)
            01/14- Credit Card was charged
            01/14- text messages for I-485 and I-131
            01/22- Received form I-765 back. Got rejected due to incorrect fee??
            01/23-Submitted I-765 again.
            01/31- Early Biometrics appointment
            02/01- Fingerprint Review was completed
            07/30- case is ready to be scheduled for ...
            08/28-New card is being produced
            08/31-EAD in hands

            Comment


            • #7
              Quick Update:

              We sent our letter away on Tuesday morning including the wedding invite, letter from my brother, letter from myself and our flights.
              Received a text message this morning stating "We are still reviewing your case. we will notify you when your status changes"
              Also received an e mail stating they are still reviewing and that the last action took place on the 30th of May.
              My online account doesn't show any action on 30th May.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Superdarts View Post
                Quick Update:

                We sent our letter away on Tuesday morning including the wedding invite, letter from my brother, letter from myself and our flights.
                Received a text message this morning stating "We are still reviewing your case. we will notify you when your status changes"
                Also received an e mail stating they are still reviewing and that the last action took place on the 30th of May.
                My online account doesn't show any action on 30th May.
                I got an email like that and my account never showed the update they mentioned on the email.
                Salt Lake City-UT
                07/24/18- Documents received
                11/16- I-485,765 and 131rejected
                12/22- New I-485, 765 and 131 sent
                12/27- Documents delivered at 10 am (UPS)
                01/14- Credit Card was charged
                01/14- text messages for I-485 and I-131
                01/22- Received form I-765 back. Got rejected due to incorrect fee??
                01/23-Submitted I-765 again.
                01/31- Early Biometrics appointment
                02/01- Fingerprint Review was completed
                07/30- case is ready to be scheduled for ...
                08/28-New card is being produced
                08/31-EAD in hands

                Comment


                • #9
                  Received notification today that the i765 is approved and card is being produced. I131 still says received. Any idea when the card should arrive and do you think it will still be a combo card?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Combo cards received today.

                    Writing a letter with supporting evidence regarding the need to travel has worked for us.

                    Lawfully app gave us the most prompt updates throughout the process.

                    Good of luck to all those waiting.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Superdarts View Post
                      Combo cards received today.

                      Writing a letter with supporting evidence regarding the need to travel has worked for us.

                      Lawfully app gave us the most prompt updates throughout the process.

                      Good of luck to all those waiting.
                      Congrats!!
                      Salt Lake City-UT
                      07/24/18- Documents received
                      11/16- I-485,765 and 131rejected
                      12/22- New I-485, 765 and 131 sent
                      12/27- Documents delivered at 10 am (UPS)
                      01/14- Credit Card was charged
                      01/14- text messages for I-485 and I-131
                      01/22- Received form I-765 back. Got rejected due to incorrect fee??
                      01/23-Submitted I-765 again.
                      01/31- Early Biometrics appointment
                      02/01- Fingerprint Review was completed
                      07/30- case is ready to be scheduled for ...
                      08/28-New card is being produced
                      08/31-EAD in hands

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I checked in with the lawyer today with regards to when I should expect my interview. previous indication was 3 months after EAD but today I was advised that current waiting times are between 8 to 12 months which has me worried because our our EAD is valid through June next year.

                        I assume if this expires I would not be able to work in the U.S and therefor may lose my employment = I should apply for a renewal of the EAD now in parallel?
                        Anybody know how long renewals are taking?

                        Any advise greatly appreciated.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Superdarts View Post
                          I checked in with the lawyer today with regards to when I should expect my interview. previous indication was 3 months after EAD but today I was advised that current waiting times are between 8 to 12 months which has me worried because our our EAD is valid through June next year.

                          I assume if this expires I would not be able to work in the U.S and therefor may lose my employment = I should apply for a renewal of the EAD now in parallel?
                          Anybody know how long renewals are taking?

                          Any advise greatly appreciated.
                          Assuming a 7 month lead time for EAD renewal, you should send in your form in early December.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X