Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD/AP combo, expedited EAD and received update on EAD but not AP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD/AP combo, expedited EAD and received update on EAD but not AP?

Hello everyone - I filed an EAD/AP combo based on AOS earlier this year, and requested an expedite EAD recently. I received an update on my EAD application stating new card is being produced, but there isn't any update on the AP. I tried contacting USCIS asking for more info, but they weren't much help with no new update. Have anyone been in a similar situation?

If I filed a combo and requested expedite, does it automatically push both cases along together or USCIS will only work on the requested receipt#? Thank you!

Do you have an online account in both USCIS sites to check the status?
    You may get a status change to approved for I-765 in one of the sites just before they USPS pick up the card. If you are going to get a combo card, then the status for I-131 will also change to approved. At least that happened to us. From what I read, most people only check one site and in that we didn't get any updates for I-131.

I think there is nothing you can do if they only send you a no-combo EAD but wait for your AP.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
      Do you have an online account in both USCIS sites to check the status?
      You may get a status change to approved for I-765 in one of the sites just before they USPS pick up the card. If you are going to get a combo card, then the status for I-131 will also change to approved. At least that happened to us. From what I read, most people only check one site and in that we didn't get any updates for I-131.

I think there is nothing you can do if they only send you a no-combo EAD but wait for your AP.
      Thanks for you reply-
      Are there more than one place I could check my status online? I do have an account on the USCIS site, and I would check my case status there. I see my I-765 has an updated status, but nothing on the I-131 (as you already know, separate receipt #hence the different tab).

Comment

Originally posted by tealov View Post
        Hello everyone - I filed an EAD/AP combo based on AOS earlier this year, and requested an expedite EAD recently. I received an update on my EAD application stating new card is being produced, but there isn't any update on the AP. I tried contacting USCIS asking for more info, but they weren't much help with no new update. Have anyone been in a similar situation?

If I filed a combo and requested expedite, does it automatically push both cases along together or USCIS will only work on the requested receipt#? Thank you!

Have you received your EAD/AP combo yet? Did the AP come with your EAD card? I got a request to submit evidence to expedite the EAD but just realized I didn't ask for the AP.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X