Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interview scheduled but not EAD

here is my story and timeline so far:

*7/6/18 I send my I-130, I-485 , I-765 and I-864 all in one package.
    * I only got back 2 receipts for I-485 & I-130.
    *7/10/18 website updates on I-130 we received your petition and that they would send a receipt notice that would describe how they would process my case.
    *7/16/18 they accepted my fingerprint fee.
    *7/20/18 I got my biometrics appointment.
    *8/10/18 went to my biometrics appointment.
    *8/13/18 website updates on I-485, case is ready to be schedule for an interview.
    (11 months/still NO EAD)
    *6/12/19 website updates interview its been scheduled.
    *6/18/19 received interview date by mail.

now here is my question.. am I the only one who didn't receive an EAD card but got an interview scheduled already? what do you guys think happened with my I-765?

Last edited by SweetG; 06-24-2019, 02:39 AM.

Our receipt date was 9/20/18. Had two RFE in January, both were sent in. Had interview scheduled for June 17th. Interview done and need to amend my taxes. But still no EAD! We put in a request to expedite, contacted our congressman. The website states both issues have been complete (they told out congressman it was still within normal processing time as we had a hold on our case due to the RFE), but even at our interview, the women couldn't understand what is taking so long. We are hoping it is not on hold again. We have called several times and when they put us thru to talk to a tier 2 officer, we have to put our name and number on a callback list. No one has called us back! You would think they would want people working and paying taxes!!! Its like the whole system has shut down. Can't get any answers from the website or the people answering the phones.

Comment

SweetG I think they made a mistake and didn't process your I-765 at all. All posts I have read mention a receipt for I-765.
      Don't worry much about it at this point, good luck on your interview and I hope you get approved on the spot.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
        SweetG I think they made a mistake and didn't process your I-765 at all. All posts I have read mention a receipt for I-765.
        Don't worry much about it at this point, good luck on your interview and I hope you get approved on the spot.
        I agree with this. At this point just hope everything goes well at the interview and with your gc in hand you are good!
        I don't know how the work authorization works,though. I'm assuming you will be ok having a gc.
        Salt Lake City-UT
        07/24/18- Documents received
        11/16- I-485,765 and 131rejected
        12/22- New I-485, 765 and 131 sent
        12/27- Documents delivered at 10 am (UPS)
        01/14- Credit Card was charged
        01/14- text messages for I-485 and I-131
        01/22- Received form I-765 back. Got rejected due to incorrect fee??
        01/23-Submitted I-765 again.
        01/31- Early Biometrics appointment
        02/01- Fingerprint Review was completed
        07/30- case is ready to be scheduled for ...
        08/31-EAD in hands
        10/22- Interview (approved)

Comment

Originally posted by NSTJ18 View Post
          I don't know how the work authorization works,though. I'm assuming you will be ok having a gc.
          With the work authorization you are allowed to work and your SSN card will be restricted (can only work with authorization). Once you get your GC there are no restrictions, you can visit the local SS office to request a SSN card without the legend.
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

With the work authorization you are allowed to work and your SSN card will be restricted (can only work with authorization). Once you get your GC there are no restrictions, you can visit the local SS office to request a SSN card without the legend.
            Thank you!!!
            Salt Lake City-UT
            07/24/18- Documents received
            11/16- I-485,765 and 131rejected
            12/22- New I-485, 765 and 131 sent
            12/27- Documents delivered at 10 am (UPS)
            01/14- Credit Card was charged
            01/14- text messages for I-485 and I-131
            01/22- Received form I-765 back. Got rejected due to incorrect fee??
            01/23-Submitted I-765 again.
            01/31- Early Biometrics appointment
            02/01- Fingerprint Review was completed
            07/30- case is ready to be scheduled for ...
            08/31-EAD in hands
            10/22- Interview (approved)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X