Traveling on Passport/AP advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling on Passport/AP advice

My wife & I married on 31 Dec 18 after her arrival on K-1 visa from Japan, (she has permanent resident card from Japan but is Filipino). We applied for her EAD and AOS and it was received on April 15th, we have notices for both and she has already been fingerprinted on May 17 2019 and has been reviewed. Right now her AOS is in a Scheduling status and according to timeframes in Seattle office it could be 13-22 months! EAD is in process. I want to apply her for AOS so she can go back to Japan and take care of items such as renewing her ID card, notifying local city hall to stop her health insurance and a couple other items. Wondering if she gets an approved AP, should she use her Filipino passport to fly from US and enter Japan along with her Japan ID, and returning using her passport but also have a copy of her marriage license, copy or I-797, and military dependent ID, and original AP? She needs to get this done by end of the year and don't want her getting denied entry back into the US. Thanks

yes

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X