EAD and H1b extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD and H1b extension

I received my EAD card 2 weeks ago and started to look for PRN jobs. Also, I am currently in the process of extending my H1b visa. If i onboarded with another company using my EAD, does that mean that H1b ceases already? can i still do the H1b extension?

I was given an offer letter already for the PRN job; they also asked information for the I-9; does that mean I used the EAD already? or can I still withdraw from that?

Thanks!

If you use your EAD you no longer are on H1 and hence the extension will be denied.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

I think there are differences if the AOS is for marriage or for work. Just be careful that you comply with your AOS.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
        I think there are differences if the AOS is for marriage or for work. Just be careful that you comply with your AOS.

what do you mean by comply?

Comment

I don't have experience but I have read about the 180-day rule for changing jobs if your AOS is EB. If it is FB (married to USC) then you don't have to worry and you can work with EAD without having problems.
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X