Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedite AP

Hi,

I have a pending 485 application and usually get EAD-AP in couple of months, its beyond the time line and I need to travel out of country.
    Can I go to my local USCIS office and get temporary AP document?
    Will there be any fees for this expedite request? I am renewing EAD-AP without any fees since 2012.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Samir

what is the reason for the expedite? they will ask you this question. It has to be one of the following reasons.

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:
    • Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
      1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
      2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
    • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
    • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
    • Clear USCIS error.

Comment

I did expedite based on humanitarian reasons last year. I called customer service and she opened the service request then within few days i received the email for the additional documents which i provided and got approved in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by balo101 View Post
        I did expedite based on humanitarian reasons last year. I called customer service and she opened the service request then within few days i received the email for the additional documents which i provided and got approved in a month.
        Hi, How long does it take to get a response after you sent the evidence for the expedite? Is it a month long? Thanks
        09/25/2019: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-130 delivered to Chicago
        10/01/2019: Received notifications for all forms
        10/11/2019: Fingerprint review was completed
        11/01/2019: Expedite Request for I-765
        11/12/2019: Additional Documents Received for Expedite
        11/22/2019: I-485 case ready for Interview
        12/03/2019: EAD New card is being produced
        12/05/2019: Card was mailed to me
        09/10/2020: Interview was scheduled
        10/28/2020: Done Interview!
        10/30/2020: Case was approved!
        11/04/2020: Green card on hand!

Comment

Originally posted by nhatmusic View Post

Hi, How long does it take to get a response after you sent the evidence for the expedite? Is it a month long? Thanks
          mine took a month long.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X