Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 EAD renewals approved 1 pending, what could happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 EAD renewals approved 1 pending, what could happen?

We sent 2 renewals for my dependents (they were approved at the same time back in March 2019). We decided to wait within 120 days from the EAD expiration date to get a combo card again (I have read that some people only got the EAD without AP if requested more than 120 days before renewal).

We sent the renewal to the Texas service center. Here is the timeline for both:
    - they received the package on November 21
    - around a week later (November 27) we received the text messages and I-765 showed "fingerprint review" status
    - December 4 both I-131 status was updated to the fingerprints legend
    - December 13 card is being produced for Child application and no news for Parent
    - December 16 case approved for Child application (also I-131) and no new for Parent
    - December 20 card was delivered, a combo card for Child that now expires on December 2021, no news for parent

We don't understand why they approved the Child's card so fast and why they didn't the Parent. Don't know when they will approve the Parent's EAD. Still, a few months until expiration and the receipt could extend the EAD but not the AP for 180 days.

We sent the principal renewal a couple of weeks later (after the other 2). It was also approved in less than 30 days and we expect the card to arrive next week.

We put different phone numbers for the SMS notification but they sent the text messages for child/parent application to the parent cell phone.

Is it weird that they approved only the child and not the parent (the documents were in the same FedEx package but each form on its own envelope)?
    Can they send an RFE? Can they just deny the renewal for some reason? Can they just forget about the renewal?
    Being optional (the principal hasn't used the EAD, maintaining status with current employer), were they waiting for the principal renewal to process the dependent spouse?
    It is hard to wait for 4 more months to be able to do a case inquiry.
    Last edited by Enub4; 01-04-2020, 03:13 PM.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

We just received the approval notice for the principal, this EAD was approved for only 1 year. So we have:
    • principal EAD renewed for only 1 year, will need to send renewal in 8 months.
    • child dependent, approved for 2 years
    • spouse dependent, still waiting
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X