After 93 days - just received EAD and AP approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 93 days - just received EAD and AP approval

I'm so happy! I just got texts and emails saying my EAD and AP application have been approved. It's only the 93rd day after they received my application - I had expected it to take longer. I'm glad to see USCIS is still working, and maybe even faster than normal now!

I'm still waiting on I-140 approval, but fingers crossed that will come through soonish. I filed in December 2019.

Keep the faith folks! Thanks to everyone on this forum who has posted their experiences. Has been very useful.

Thanks and wishing you all the best!

Hi there, may I ask what your timeline was like? When did you do the biometrics and how soon after the biometrics did you receive the approval?

Comment

Originally posted by killabee View Post
      I'm so happy! I just got texts and emails saying my EAD and AP application have been approved. It's only the 93rd day after they received my application - I had expected it to take longer. I'm glad to see USCIS is still working, and maybe even faster than normal now!

I'm still waiting on I-140 approval, but fingers crossed that will come through soonish. I filed in December 2019.

Keep the faith folks! Thanks to everyone on this forum who has posted their experiences. Has been very useful.

@killabeen, hi, can you share what u did that they were processed for only 93days as I need EAD before Oct 1st, 2020. Thank you.

My timeline:
      USC(Daughter) filed AOS for Parent(Me) on B2

Aug 10,2020 - Sent FEDEX to Chicago LB I-130/485/765/131/864/944/693
      Aug 12,2020 - Received and Signed for
      by J. Harper
      Aug 27,2020 - $535 and $1225 Checks cashed
      Last edited by RMA67; 08-29-2020, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMA67 View Post

@killabeen, hi, can you share what u did that they were processed for only 93days as I need EAD before Oct 1st, 2020. Thank you.

My timeline:

Concurrent filing AOS (USC Daughter-Mother Petition) from B2 - FEDEXed on August 10, 2020
        I-130/485/795/131/864/944/693
        I don't want to be a crusher of hope or to be pessimistic but for you to file on August 10, 2020, and expect to receive your EAD before October 1, 2020, is over-ambitious. Unless there are extenuating circumstances to your case, I genuinely don't see that happening. I am sorry but I thought I should let you know.
        Mar/25 => Application sent to Chicago lockbox
        22 <= 4 I-797Cs received by mail
        57 <= Courtesy letter for I-693 received
        129 <= Bio appointment for Aug/13
        159 <= Interview scheduled for Oct/6
        165 <= New card being produced
        169 <= I765&I131 approved
        196 <= New card being produced
        197 <= Card mailed
        Oct/10 = 2yr GC in hand
        Aug/18 = I-751 applied
        Aug/15 = I-751 approved
        Aug/18 = 10yr GC in hand
        Oct/20 = N400 Interview and Oath ceremony

Comment

@aph,
          Thank you for the heads up.
          Submitted with expedited request together with evidence why... so keeping my fingers crossed.
          Keeping positive and hopeful whoever my case officer will be will act fast and approve it or else I will be separated from my company that I worked for for 25years.

Comment

I pray you get it cos that last thing I wish is for you to be separated from your company of 25years.

All the Best! Let us know how it goes.
            Mar/25 => Application sent to Chicago lockbox
            22 <= 4 I-797Cs received by mail
            57 <= Courtesy letter for I-693 received
            129 <= Bio appointment for Aug/13
            159 <= Interview scheduled for Oct/6
            165 <= New card being produced
            169 <= I765&I131 approved
            196 <= New card being produced
            197 <= Card mailed
            Oct/10 = 2yr GC in hand
            Aug/18 = I-751 applied
            Aug/15 = I-751 approved
            Aug/18 = 10yr GC in hand
            Oct/20 = N400 Interview and Oath ceremony

Comment

Originally posted by killabee View Post

Congrats! Same thing happened with me! Seattle filer here! I got my EAD combo card after 3 months (Oct 2019 to Jan 14, 2020) and I've just filed for renewal 2 weeks ago.

Anyone knows anything about the 180-day extension? Is it automatic upon submission and receipt of renewal package?

Comment

Originally posted by Isla_miles04 View Post

Anyone knows anything about the 180-day extension? Is it automatic upon submission and receipt of renewal package?
                Your NOA will have all the information about the 180-day extension on the last paragraph with bullet points. Basically, if you qualify for extension (C09), you sent your renewal before your current EAD expired, you received the NOA and your current EAD expires without receiving a new one, your expired EAD and the NOA extends up to 180 days your expired card.
                Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                ---
                All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

Your NOA will have all the information about the 180-day extension on the last paragraph with bullet points. Basically, if you qualify for extension (C09), you sent your renewal before your current EAD expired, you received the NOA and your current EAD expires without receiving a new one, your expired EAD and the NOA extends up to 180 days your expired card.
                  I found this information in the NOA and I qualify for the automatic extension. Thank you! Appreciate it!

Comment

Hi! I am eligible for automatic extension (c9) but I don’t know how I can apply to it, do I need to fill a form?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X