expedite EAD for VAWA applicant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expedite EAD for VAWA applicant

Hello guys, do anyone of you know if a vawa applicant can request for EAD to be expedited? I have file I360, I485 and I765 altogether and receipt notice was Jan 13,2020. I don't know if priotity date for the 3 applications are the same as the receipt date. I have a job offer right now, and wondering if I can request to expedite even if I am a VAWA applicant. My lawyer said we cannot but her reason is just because everyone would be wanting to expedite their cases which for me is not an acceptable answer. I would just like to give it a try and let USCIS decide whether to approve or deny. If anyone has the undergone the same situation and can give me the answer I will surely appreciate it. Thank you!

Originally posted by miko1983 View Post
    Hello guys, do anyone of you know if a vawa applicant can request for EAD to be expedited? I have file I360, I485 and I765 altogether and receipt notice was Jan 13,2020. I don't know if priotity date for the 3 applications are the same as the receipt date. I have a job offer right now, and wondering if I can request to expedite even if I am a VAWA applicant. My lawyer said we cannot but her reason is just because everyone would be wanting to expedite their cases which for me is not an acceptable answer. I would just like to give it a try and let USCIS decide whether to approve or deny. If anyone has the undergone the same situation and can give me the answer I will surely appreciate it. Thank you!
    Yes you can. Call USCIS and tell them your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by balo101 View Post

Yes you can. Call USCIS and tell them your situation.
      Hi thanks for the response. Even if my case is a VAWA case?

Comment

Is your vawa approved?
        Do you have pending i-485?

here is the link that explain when can you expedite.
        These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Comment

Is your vawa approved?
          Do you have pending i-485?

here is the link that explain when can you expedite.
          https://www.uscis.gov/us-visa-and-im...pedite-request
          My VAWA is also pending. But I submitted all applications together I360, I485 and I765 Their receipt notices are the same.

Comment

My VAWA is also pending. But I submitted all applications together I360, I485 and I765 Their receipt notices are the same.
            then you can expedite your request since you have i-485 pending. Just go over the link that i provide above. If you fall in any of those categories you will qualify to expedite. Good luck.

Comment

okay thank you. oh last question, can I go ahead expedite by my own without getting in trouble with my lawyer?

Comment

okay thank you. oh last question, can I go ahead expedite by my own without getting in trouble with my lawyer?
                absolutely you can. I did expedite my AP without my lawyer.

Comment

Hi,

I am also facing almost the same issue. I actually filed form i-360 vawa. My husband has filed i-485,i-131,i-130 and i-765 form for me. But as we are going through divorce he has withdrawn my
                  i-485,i-131,i-130 and i-765 applications.And all applications were denied. My lawyer has requested uscis to re-open my denied applications i-485,i-131,i-130 and i-765 along with my i-360 filing. And when i check online status of my i-485 , the status is " the case is transffered and new office now will decide on your case ". But Status of i-765 is still showing denied. I am also waiting for my EAD based on my already filed i-765.

My question is do i need to expedite the EAD request or file it all over again ? If i need to file it again then with the i-485 again or just i-765 ?

Comment

absolutely you can. I did expedite my AP without my lawyer.

Thank you for your answers. Appreciate it so much.

Comment

Thank you for your answers. Appreciate it so much.
                      YW. Keep us updated. Good luck!!

Comment

I know your post was from last year and you probably sorted out your issue but here is my take just incase.

You'll have to write a formal request to the USCIS Vermont Service Centre to expidite your EAD application. I have a similar issue so I called USCIS and they advised that I send my request to the Vermont Office.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X