Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with (I-485) EAD/AP combo card renewal

Hi All,

I would appreciate any help/advice anyone is willing to give. I applied for NIW using an attorney and they did most of the paperwork for me. Now my EAD/AP combo card will be expiring, I want to apply for a renewal, and the same attorney wants to charge me $300 (!!!) for applying for renewal, even though I have already paid them in full previously. In the current situation, it is just hard for me to fork out $300. I am thinking of doing the EAD/AP renewal on my own, but I am somewhat scared of messing it up and jeopardizing the whole process.

For those who did the process themselves, can I ask:

1) if both I-765 and I-131 can be sent together in the same package/envelope? From the USCIS website, it seems like I should be sending both forms to the same dropbox (Phoenix)

2) My I-140/I-485 was sent to Nebraska Service Center... all my receipt notices have LIN in front of it. But 485 was then transferred to another service center (national benefits center). Does this change where I should send my EAD/AP renewal application?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Looks like you are a pending adjustment applicant (I-485 has been filed, initial EAD / AP sent, and now needs to renew it)

1) if both I-765 and I-131 can be sent together in the same package/envelope? From the USCIS website, it seems like I should be sending both forms to the same dropbox (Phoenix)
    - YES, you can file I-765 and I-131 in the same package.

2) My I-140/I-485 was sent to Nebraska Service Center... all my receipt notices have LIN in front of it. But 485 was then transferred to another service center (national benefits center). Does this change where I should send my EAD/AP renewal application?
    - No. That should not be your concern.
    - Just make sure that your I-765 & I-131 are sent to the dropbox that is listed on the application / instruction
    - Be sure to include copies of all previous documentation including I-485 receipt#, combo card, etc.
    - The application is very easy to file. You can copy the same information from previous application that was filed by the lawyer (I hope you made a copy for yourself before signing the forms last time)
    - This is an easy process as it is for renewal. You won't mess it up.

If you have any questions when filling the form, members of the forum can help (do us all a favor and first read other experiences / posts first before asking same questions)
    Good Luck !!!
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I did the combo card renewal, easy process, just download the current forms and follow the instructions. Some lawyers want $500.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X