Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Advance Parole

Hello community,

I was wondering if anyone recently applied for emergency advance parole? A close family member of mine passed away earlier this week, and my I-131 is still pending. I called USCIS to ask for an Infopass appointment to get an emergency advance parole document and was told that I would be called back to schedule the appointment. That was on Monday. USCIS tells me I'm still "in the queue" to be called back.

How long did it take you to schedule your appointment?
    Do they have appointments available within a couple of days or will I - after waiting days to be called back to schedule the appointment - have to wait another week before the actual appointment takes place?

Thank you for any advice or experience that you might be able to share.

Hello manolo,

Unfortunately, i don't have good news from my experience. My mother passed away in April, I called for a infopass for a emergency advance parole, got a return call in 2 days and a interview at the end of the week. This was in April when the pandemic just started. During the interview they said they didn't have my biometrics so can't give me an Advance Parole.

Since all the ASC were closed due to COVID-19, I cannot get biometrics and have to wait. Now that ASC are starting to open up I called USCIS and they said they can't help me get an appointment and don't know when my biometrics appointment will be.

Does anyone know how i can escalate the situation to get biometrics so i can get an Emergency Advance Parole?

It's been a very painful few months waiting.

-Helen
    Married to USC, sent I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765
    4/1- Package received
    4/16 - Four AOS receipts received
    5/11- RFIE requested
    5/22 - RFIE received by USCIS
    7/10 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}