Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AP/I-131/Travel document timeline after Biometrics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP/I-131/Travel document timeline after Biometrics?

Hi, I applied for I-131 along with I-485 for my wife on 4/10/2020. It's is now 8/3/2020 and we just had the biometrics appointment. Does anyone know how soon after the biometrics can we expect the AP/Travel document? It seems like it's taking much longer than usual. Thanks very much for any help.

My Advance Parole's NoA date is April 16 and had my biometrics done on Aug 10. Still now news yet. According to the real time data on visa journey, it takes about average 40 days from biometrics and approval.
    You might which to check it out on this this website. Best of luck!
    Last edited by ceci1073; 10-22-2021, 10:23 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Originally posted by tkyang99 View Post
      Hi, I applied for I-131 along with I-485 for my wife on 4/10/2020. It's is now 8/3/2020 and we just had the biometrics appointment. Does anyone know how soon after the biometrics can we expect the AP/Travel document? It seems like it's taking much longer than usual. Thanks very much for any help.
      I got mine less than a week after my biometrics. I did biometrics on 8/18, card was sent out on 8/20.

Comment

Originally posted by killabee View Post

I got mine less than a week after my biometrics. I did biometrics on 8/18, card was sent out on 8/20.
        Which city are you in?
        pls post your timeline as well!
        USC filed AOS for parents on B2. I am not a lawyer.
        Timeline
        7/21 <— 2 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765/693 reached Chicago Lockbox
        8/4 <— Checks cashed
        8/5 <— I-797 SMS
        8/24 <— Biometrics completed
        10/19 <— I-485 ("New Card Is Being Produced")
        10/20 <— I-130 and I-485 ("Case Was Approved")
        10/22 <— I-130 and I-485 Approval notices received
        10/28 <— Green card#1 received
        11/07 <— Green card#2 received

Comment

Originally posted by verbose View Post

Which city are you in?
          pls post your timeline as well!
          I'm in NYC

Not sure how to attach timeline to my profile so here goes.

My case is EB1-1A

My timeline is as follows:

I-140 - Filed December 2019.

Received I-797C Notice of action - Notice date: December 27, 2019

I-131 / I-765 / I-485 filed Feb 2020

Received I-979C Notice of action - Receipt date: Feb 18, 2020. Notice date: March 25, 2020

May 21, 2020 - (93 days after filing 1-765 and I-131) - Received I-979C Notice of action saying my I-765 and I-131 had been approved, and should be in the mail soon.

For some reason, I just felt that I should keep asking them about my I-140, which I did..... only to be told on the phone that my I-140 had also been approved in May but for some reason they had not sent me the notice. I asked them to re-send it, so they filed a request.

June 16, 2020 - Received re-sent notice saying my I-140 had been approved

I didn't receive either EAD/AP card combo in the mail after 60 days - I had to call many times to ask what was going on (USCIS stopped producing them although they didn't tell me that!), I put in a request to have it re-sent (which was never assigned to an officer) and eventually at end of July put in form to the Ombudsman.

Shortly after Ombudsman wrote to me saying they had asked USCIS to look into my case, on August 1st I received notice saying I should go for biometrics for I-765/I-131 and for my I-485. They accidentally sent this to my old address but thankfully the postal services forwarded it to me.

August 18th (afternoon) - biometrics done in NYC.

August 18th (evening) - case updated online to say that my card had been ordered.

August 19th - case updated online to say that my card was being produced.

August 20th - case updated online to say card has been mailed.

August 19th - re: I-485 - case updated online to say that my fingerprints had been completed. Same day also updated to say that fingerprints had ben applied to my I-485 case and my case is now being prepared for officer review.

August 23rd - combo card received (they sent it to my lawyer's office)

Now waiting for update on I-485. I haven't done medical yet so am expecting them to send me a notice to go and have that done at some point. I'd like to get this all finalized and have my green card in my hand by the end of this year at the latest! Pray for me!

Comment

Thanks - all the best!
            USC filed AOS for parents on B2. I am not a lawyer.
            Timeline
            7/21 <— 2 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765/693 reached Chicago Lockbox
            8/4 <— Checks cashed
            8/5 <— I-797 SMS
            8/24 <— Biometrics completed
            10/19 <— I-485 ("New Card Is Being Produced")
            10/20 <— I-130 and I-485 ("Case Was Approved")
            10/22 <— I-130 and I-485 Approval notices received
            10/28 <— Green card#1 received
            11/07 <— Green card#2 received

Comment

It didn't take us long. Our order was made online and we received the biometric documents two weeks later. My sons received a student visa (type D, long-term) to Poland at the visa center at their place of residence. To obtain a student visa, we needed a lot of documents: a visa application form, passport, medical insurance policy, proof of tuition fees. As far as I know, a student visa takes longer than a regular biometric subscription. The youngest son had to apply for a new travel document due to the loss of the old one. Again, a bunch of documents. Well, a student visa has many advantages. Traveling around Europe is easy. The sons visited many interesting places, mountains, castles, lakes, parks. It's just amazing, they showed me my new dream
              Last edited by Alvamin; 10-28-2021, 10:26 AM.

Comment

anyone knows why is it taking 13 months to get a RTD i-131?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X