Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to request a Service Center Change ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to request a Service Center Change ?

Hi there , apologies if there are existing threads on this ... however

I have applied for a EAD on a L-2 and my case is assigned to the Californian Service Center. The processing time in Cali are now 10 - 13 months with the earliest Case Inquiry date now standing at circ 12 months.

If you compare this lead time to other centers like Texas for example it is slightly worrying to say the least.
    Has anyone successfully requested a center change ? Or is that even possible ?

Thanks in advance or any advice or comments appreciated.
    Con

I could be wrong but I doubt they’d allow anything like that.
    USC filed AOS for parents on B2. I am not a lawyer.
    Timeline
    7/21 <— 2 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765/693 reached Chicago Lockbox
    8/4 <— Checks cashed
    8/5 <— I-797 SMS
    8/24 <— Biometrics completed
    10/19 <— I-485 ("New Card Is Being Produced")
    10/20 <— I-130 and I-485 ("Case Was Approved")
    10/22 <— I-130 and I-485 Approval notices received
    10/28 <— Green card#1 received
    11/07 <— Green card#2 received

Comment

Your Service Center jurisdiction depends on where you live. Applications must be sent to the drop box listed based on your jurisdiction.
      Under no circumstances can the applicant / beneficiary choose the service center.
      If you have moved to another state / jurisdiction since the filing, you should contact USCIS and update the address for the application & also submit an AR11.
      Only USCIS will determine if this requires a jurisdiction / different Service Center.
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Many thanks R78 and verbose yes assumed as much... live in Michigan , so had hope not to be "randomly" allocated Cali.

verbose our dates pretty much aline , i sent my paper based application late July, notice of receipt was July 31st and Visa payment applied early August ... lets see how we fare !

Best of luck all

Comment

Best of luck!
          USC filed AOS for parents on B2. I am not a lawyer.
          Timeline
          7/21 <— 2 sets of I-130/485/944/864/131/765/693 reached Chicago Lockbox
          8/4 <— Checks cashed
          8/5 <— I-797 SMS
          8/24 <— Biometrics completed
          10/19 <— I-485 ("New Card Is Being Produced")
          10/20 <— I-130 and I-485 ("Case Was Approved")
          10/22 <— I-130 and I-485 Approval notices received
          10/28 <— Green card#1 received
          11/07 <— Green card#2 received

Comment

Hi there!

I am a June filer. The 10-13 months processing time is appalling, compared to any other center. Everywhere else, its 5 months or less. And I didnt see people posting about it, so was wondering if I am the only one panicking.

This post made me feel like I am not the only one!

Best of luck everyone and if you find a way to get the results sooner, please do share.

TC!

Comment

Originally posted by aj12 View Post
              Hi there!

I am a June filer. The 10-13 months processing time is appalling, compared to any other center. Everywhere else, its 5 months or less. And I didnt see people posting about it, so was wondering if I am the only one panicking.

This post made me feel like I am not the only one!

Best of luck everyone and if you find a way to get the results sooner, please do share.

TC!
              Hi AJ
              I was not sure is all L2 Visa Types EADs are being diverted to Cali as the leads times are 10 - 13 months
              I have recently hired an Immigration Lawyer, we are attempting to schedule our first call but I have no problem sharing any insights
              I can survive with a 6 months wait .... 13 will be pushing it but I am not sure that is not the ploy ....

All the best
              Con

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X