EAD for H4 Kids - Under 21 year age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD for H4 Kids - Under 21 year age

My child is ot US Citizen. if I get EAD based on my GC priority date. Will my dependent child also get EAD? How long my child can maintain his EAD status? is it valid even after he turn 21 year?

If you mean H4 EAD, no, that is only for H4 spouses, not H4 children. If you mean EAD for pending I-485, if he has a pending I-485 he can get that type of EAD. H4 status is not valid after he turns 21.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes, my question is related to Pending I-485. so if my son has pending I-485 before he turns 21 year, he will get EAD. but is that EAD still valid when he turns 21 year? Can he get EAD extension even he turns 21 year old?

Comment

Originally posted by vinodgargg View Post
        Thanks for your reply. Yes, my question is related to Pending I-485. so if my son has pending I-485 before he turns 21 year, he will get EAD. but is that EAD still valid when he turns 21 year? Can he get EAD extension even he turns 21 year old?
        Yes, the I-485 based EAD is not related to his age; he is eligible to get that EAD and renew it for as long as his I-485 is pending.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. so does he/she needs to apply for F1 Visa to continue study in USA? or EAD is enough? As there will not be any more H4 , once he/she turn 21 year. Could you please clarify?

Comment

From what I read: with I-485 pending and EAD the child could work/study in the USA as long as the AOS is pending, no need for F1. If they reach 21 years they may age-out if there is no visa available for the category and they don't qualify (or age-out) for CSPA.
            Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
            Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
            Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
            ---
            All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X