Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD automatic renewal??

Hi.
    I just called my Immigration lawyer about to extend my EAD card ( Employment Authorization Card) because it will expire on May 5th. 2021.
    But he told me its not necessary because of the Covid situation the Immigration will extend all EAD s for another 18 months. Only immigration lawyers and huge cooperation's got this information about the extension ...its not in public. Or not yet.
    Anybody knows about this?
    Lawyers would do this EAD extinctions paper work for like $500. So I don't think he would lie about it.
    Should I contact the immigration about this manner too? Anyway....I cant reach them on the phone its almost impossible in these days.

This is strange information. Most EADs (at least those for AOS) are only valid for 1 year and when you start the renewal you receive a receipt that will extend the EAD for 180 days.

Going from 180 days extension (by starting the renewal process) to 18 months (without sending anything), is a big difference.

I sent my renewal a month ago, no text, email or receipt yet.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

You can check about extension here https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the...-ead-extension

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X