Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa process after receiving EAD

Hi All,

I have a situation where our AOS is being processed and we have received EAD card ( both me and my spouse). I am on a L1A and my spouse is on H1 and kids on H4 respectively. Thier H1/H4 Visa is expiring in March and we are planning to apply for another 3 months as extension upon which it will be maxed out.

Does my spouse and kids require Visa to stay in USA even though EAD card is received? Do i need to convert them into L2 ?

Has any one faced this and any inputs would be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by arun_sankar1982; 02-12-2021, 02:41 PM.

Hi,
    Have you taken action on renewal? What actually you did? Your experience will be helped to others.
    Regarding your question, I know this is delay response.. But, response on your questions will be surely supported to others.
    Question: Does my spouse and kids require Visa to stay in USA even though EAD card is received? Do i need to convert them into L2 ?
    Answer: While your AOS petition is pending, you and your dependents are legally allowed to present in the USA. But, always maintaining Non-immigrant status is better way to avoid such issues in future.. If you maintain non-immigrant status until you get update on your AOS application would be really peace of mind.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X