Any VAWA applicant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any VAWA applicant?

Hi guys, I am a VAWA applicant. I360, I485 and I765 has been filed altogether January of last year. More than a year now and still didn't received or get approved of the EAD. Sent inquiry but didn't get any response though if I checked USCIS website it says response has been sent. I wonder if any VAWA applicants here experienced the same, if this is a normal time frame. Thank you!

was your i765 filed under c9 or c31?

Comment

under C31

Comment

Originally posted by VawaNCCL View Post
        was your i765 filed under c9 or c31?
        under c31

Comment

ok think they have to approve your VAWA before the C31 is issued.

You can file under C9 if your spouse is USC, so that you can work. that takes like 2 to 5 months

Comment

If marriage was to an US citizen and since you have filed I-485, you’re eligible for EAD(c9). Initial EAD takes up to 7-9 months (I’m still waiting since July, but looks like the waiting is getting shorter). File ASAP, it should be free. Might as well file I-131 to get the combo card. You can renew those as long as the AOS is still pending.
            C(31) is only sent when I-360 is approved. In fact, when status for the petition changes to ‘Card is being produced’ is a sure sign the official approval is around the corner. You can have more than one category pending and issued. Given your timeline, you can wait until next February for the c(31) so it’s worth to try. Estimated VAWA processing is 19 - 24.5 month, so the earliest you will hear from them is this summer. This is not counting RFE, which adds average 3 months on top of already long times.

Comment

How long does it take to get the official approval?
              Card is being produced: Sept, 8
              Card received :Sept: 16

Comment

Hi! I received my C31 card (I did not receive the approval letter , only the EAD card). I filled I-485 along with I-360. I would like to know , where I can check the I-485 processing time? Do I verify this at Vermont office or at my local office? My receipt date is 12/16/19 and at my local office they are working on the receipt date 11/21/2019. Can I expect an interview letter soon? Also I have two EAD cards ( C09 and C31) with different expiration dates , the both still valid ?

Comment

good

Comment

Okay, so I believe they need to approve your VAWA before issuing the C31.

If your spouse is a USC, you can file under C9 in order to be able to work. It takes between two to five months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X