Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haven't received EAD / AP event after 8 months? How to travel outside the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't received EAD / AP event after 8 months? How to travel outside the USA?

Hello,
    My I-131 was applied at the National Benefits Center in November 2020 but even after 8 months haven't received my EAD/AP. Is there anything I can do to expedite the process? I am on H1B right now and might get laid off from work but I will still be in status since my I-485 has been pending for more than 180 days. The only concern that I have is if I have to travel due to an emergency to India then how do I do that. I understand that I can file for an emergency AP but that takes upto a month to get and I may have to get to India faster. If I don't have a valid job in the USA anyway to travel without AP? if I find a new job and they apply for my H1B transfer is the H1B receipt alone enough to re-enter USA? I have a multiple entry visa valid till 2022.

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    s there anything I can do to expedite the process?
    Answer: Please check the processing time of I-131 and I-765. If processing time is beyond your filing date, then you may raise a service request.
    if I find a new job and they apply for my H1B transfer is the H1B receipt alone enough to re-enter USA?
    Answer: If you have already visa then you can travel with the help of receipt notice. But suggesting to travel with the help of Approval notice. Why because, When you are in abroad, your H1B Transfer may approve with consular processing.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi venkatdabri,

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm waiting for almost 8 months for a combo card. Still, unfortunately, I have an emergency in my family (my mom is dying), and I'm in the process of getting advanced parol for an emergency. On Friday, I called USCIS customer service number ((800) 375-5283) to schedule for advance parole for an emergency. Now I'm waiting to receive a call from the local office to schedule an interview, but still waiting for mom's medical record (it should be in my possession by the end of the week). Unfortunately, mom's health is rapidly declining, and I'm now competing against time. I also have 2 visas that are not expired, but I don't want to use them; that would affect my I-485 status. I hope this will go fast. I heard that people some people have been approved in a week. I will let you know once I finished all procedures.

Comment

Hi,
        I just want to leave an update regarding my case. Unfortunately, my mom passed away before I got the chance to go on an interview. I received a call from USCIS on Tuesday, Aug.10th, to schedule my appointment for advanced parol. My mom was already in a coma that day and died a few hours later. I thanked the officer for the call and decided not to schedule an interview since it was too late. I hope others will have more luck than me. I will sit and wait patiently on my combo card.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana985 View Post
          Hi,
          I just want to leave an update regarding my case. Unfortunately, my mom passed away before I got the chance to go on an interview. I received a call from USCIS on Tuesday, Aug.10th, to schedule my appointment for advanced parol. My mom was already in a coma that day and died a few hours later. I thanked the officer for the call and decided not to schedule an interview since it was too late. I hope others will have more luck than me. I will sit and wait patiently on my combo card.
          Sorry to hear that! Hope you are doing okay.

Comment

I don't believe you need AP if you have a non-expired H1b visa.

There are three exceptions to the requirement for non-immigrant visa holders to apply for advance parole. Those here in H1B, L and K3/4 status - and their dependents - do not require advance parole to travel after applying to adjust their status. K1/2 visa holders who have married a U.S. citizen must apply for LPR status and advance parole prior to international travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana985 View Post
              Hi,

I’m so so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine going through any more stress during these difficult, frustrating and uncertain times with immigration, let alone mourning the loss of a family member. I hope you are doing alright and getting the results you wanted from immigration! Please let me know if you have already received the combo card because I’m in the exact same boat as you: combo card apps pending for over 200 days since April 2021 and nothing has changed besides my fingerprint and background check was complete.

Comment

Originally posted by pbui97 View Post

I’m so so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine going through any more stress during these difficult, frustrating, and uncertain times with immigration, let alone mourning the loss of a family member. I hope you are doing alright and getting the results you wanted from immigration! Please let me know if you have already received the combo card because I’m in the exact same boat as you: combo card apps pending for over 200 days since April 2021, and nothing has changed besides my fingerprint and background check was complete.
                Hi,

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately, I haven't received the combo card yet. It's almost 11 months since I applied, and I will be happy if I get it by New Year.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X