Moving to EAD from H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to EAD from H1B

I recently received my EAD/AP based on my pending I485.

I have a new job offer. I assumed that I will be eligible for Green Card by October/November 2021, when I accepted to move with my EAD. Clearly that is not the case and it is now announced, the EB3 may not move beyond Jan 2014 for the fiscal year 2022. (My PD is March 2014).

Now there is no tentative date as to when the data will be current.

I am trying to understand below before deciding to request H1B. Not sure if they will even process it as they know i have EAD now.

1. How long does it normally take for the EAD/AP renewal? is there a premium processing for it?

2. Can I travel when my EAD/AP renewal is in progress? What happens if I travel and I need to re-enter? Let's say my AP expired and need to re-enter.

Thanks

Hi Member,
    Here is my response.
    1. How long does it normally take for the EAD/AP renewal? is there a premium processing for it?
    Answer: EAD/ AP renewal will take anywhere between 2 to 4 months. there is no concept of premium. But, there is expedited benefit available for EAD with the help of calling USCIS customer support.
    2. Can I travel when my EAD/AP renewal is in progress? What happens if I travel and I need to re-enter? Let's say my AP expired and need to re-enter.
    Answer: At the time of leaving country, you will need AP approval. Travelling abroad while EAD/AP are pending will impact the petition.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X